Flight cancellation can be a nightmare, but only if you do not know the correct steps to do so. There are many methods by which passengers can opt for flight cancellation. But, before moving directly to JetBlue flight cancellation, it is important to know the main cancellation guidelines. In short, you must read out the fine print of the JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy and then move forward with the flight cancellation process.
Terms & Conditions of JetBlue Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
Before canceling your flight, make sure to pay attention to the basic rules and regulations of JetBlue Airlines’ cancellation policy;-
- All the passengers who have Basic fare tickets must know that the basic fare tickets cannot be refunded. The passenger would have to pay at least $200 as a cancellation fee only if you have canceled your ticket over a phone call.
- If you have made your reservations through a JetBlue credit card, the refunded money will be deposited in your account as travel credit, which you can use later.
- As for those who are Mosaic reward members will be charged a cancellation fee for canceling a non-refundable ticket. However, if you cancel your flight on the same day, you will not have to pay any fee, and the refund will be credited back to the account as travel credit. If you have already paid for your services, those will be refunded too.
- Passengers who have canceled their non-refundable ticket before 24 hours can get refunded in the form of credit, which will be credited to their travel account. As per JetBlue Cancellation Policy, the passengers can use this travel credit for future reference.
- The airline would offer military passengers a full refund on the unused part of their tickets. In some cases, the passengers may have to pay a certain amount, which will be considered a cancellation fee.
Overview of JetBlue's 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
According to the JetBlue Airlines cancellation policy, the passengers will be eligible for a full refund if they cancel their flight within 24 hours of their scheduled departure. However, your scheduled departure date must be at least seven days away from the time of flight cancellation. In short, if you cancel your flight in the given period, no fees will be charged. For now, read these below-listed instructions for a smooth cancellation procedure;-
- You cannot use the 24-hour cancellation policy if you have a vacation package.
- Those passengers who have made subtle changes to their flight tickets cannot request a refund. Their ticket will be subjected to a per-person cancellation fee, which depends on your ticket type.
- Your refund will be credited back to your account in the same format as it was used when booking.
- According to the JetBlue Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy, the 24-hour cancellation policy would not apply if you fly in a group.
- To cancel your flight, you can navigate to the official website of JetBlue Airlines or contact them via calling.
JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy Fee
The cancellation may vary due to fare type, ticket, and departure destination. Those who have canceled their ticket via the calling option would have to pay at least $25. The best option to cancel your flight for free would be to cancel it online, which requires you to go to the official website of JetBlue Airlines.
Blue Basic Fare
Flights departing within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America
For Other International Routes
JetBlue Cancellation Fee
Blue Fare, Blue Plus Fare
For all the departing flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America
Specific international routes
JetBlue Cancellation Fee
Blue Extra Fare, Mint Fare
For all the flights to/from US, Mexico and Caribbean
JetBlue Cancellation Fee
How Does the Procedure for Flight Cancellation Work?
According to the JetBlue Cancellation Policy, the cancellation procedure is divided into two parts, which are online or offline. The online method is the easiest method that you can use to cancel your flight in no time. On the other hand, the offline procedure means that you would have to be at the ticket counter or contact them over a call. As we have said, the passengers who have canceled their flight over a simple phone call have to pay a certain amount as a cancellation fee.
Here are cancellation methods that you can opt for:-
1. Visit the Official Website For Flight cancellation
This method will take about a minute or so; the best part is that you can cancel your ticket from anywhere. All you have to do is follow these steps:-
- Go to the official website of JetBlue Airlines.
- From there, choose the Manage Booking option and enter the necessary details.
- The passengers must include their last name, fare type, and departure destination.
- Now, select your flight itinerary and go ahead & choose the cancel flight option.
- According to the JetBlue Airlines Flight Cancellation policy, the refund depends on your ticket type. If you are eligible for a refund, it will be credited back into your account in the format of travel credit in seven working days.
- Next, click on the Confirmation tab, and you will be done with the cancellation procedure within a few minutes.
- The airline will email you on your official email stating that your flight cancellation was successful.
Now, onto the next method.
2. Cancel Your JetBlue Flight Over Call
If the method mentioned above is not feasible for you or you are in a space where you cannot get connected to the internet, then you can opt for this method.
- Call the airline on their official number.
- While on the call, keep your details, such as last name, ticket number, and confirmation number, handy for a smooth procedure.
- As soon as you are connected on a call with the agent, ask them to cancel your flight.
- Give them a reason and ask if you are eligible for a refund.
- You may have to pay a certain amount as a cancellation fee. Remember to cancel your flight at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- You may get travel credit in your travel account, which you can use for future travel.
JetBlue Flight Cancellation Compensation
There are many cases where the airline canceled your flight at the very last moment. In this case, you have two choices: you can either wait for the airline’s alternate flight or ask for a refund. You will get a full refund for the unused portion of your ticket.
According to the JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy, if the JetBlue airline has canceled your flight an hour before your actual flight, then you will be compensated. For a better understanding, look down below:-
JetBlue Ticket Cancellation
JetBlue Cancellation Compensation amount
Within 4 hours of flight:
150 USD Credit
After scheduled departure:
200 USD Credit
If your flight has been delayed for more than 3 hours, then you will be compensated according to the following chart:-
JetBlue Flight Delay Time
JetBlue Cancellation Compensation Amount
For all the flights delayed more than 3 hours between less than 4 hours
50 USD Credit
Delayed for more than 4 hours but less than 5 hours
100 USD Credit
If your departing flight is delayed more than 5 hours but less than 6 hours
150 USD Credit
6 or more hours
200 USD Credit
For those passengers whose flight has been canceled after the onboarding procedure, will get compensated depending on:-
Flight is being delayed more than 3 hours but less than 5 hours
100 USD credit
All the flights delayed for more than 5 hours but less than 6 hours
6 or more hours
250 USD credit
JetBlue Airlines Flight Cancellation And Refund Policy
There can be changes in the plan at any moment, and nowadays, it has become a thing where most passengers end up canceling their flight before their scheduled flight. Apart from this, once you are done with canceling your flight, you can check to see if you are eligible for a refund. But before that, there are some things related to the JetBlue Refund Policy that you must know about;-
- According to the JetBlue Cancellation Policy, if you booked your flight at least seven or more days before your scheduled departure, you would only get a refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours. As soon as you are done canceling your ticket in the given time, you can request a full refund.
- However, getting a refund on JetBlue Vacation packages can be challenging as those packages are non-refundable. Instead of a refund, the airline will provide you with travel credits, which you can use later in your future travel.
- If your flight has been delayed for more than four hours, passengers can cancel their flight, and you can get a refund on the unused portion of your ticket. However, there will be no cancellation fee.
- The airline will credit the refund to your account within seven working days using the same payment method you used for your flight booking.
- If you got your refund in the form of travel credit, it will be valid for a year from your scheduled departure date of reservation. You can use the travel credit for future flights with JetBlue Airlines.
- As per the JetBlue Cancellation policy, the airline will provide a full refund for the unused portion of your ticket if there’s a sudden death in the family. However, you must submit valid documents, and then the airline will proceed with their refund request.
- Lastly, the easiest way to file for a refund is to cancel your flight within 24 hours; then, you will be eligible for a full refund.
JetBlue Airlines No-Show Policy
There are many reasons why passengers must show up for their scheduled departure. It can be a related emergency or family, so passengers fail to attend their flight. In this case, you must be familiar with the guidelines of JetBlue Airlines Flight No-Show Policy-
- Those with non-refundable tickets would not have any refund on their ticket. In fact, in case of a no-show at the airport, then the entire value of your ticket will be lost.
- Now, here comes the best part. If you have booked a refundable ticket, there will be no refund, but you can fly a little later in your scheduled departure.
In the Meantime
The Cancellation Policies of airlines have their own set of rules and regulations. JetBlue Airlines has a very straightforward policy; all you have to do is be familiar with certain guidelines, and then you will be good to go. This article explains all you must know about the JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy. If you have read all the fine print, you can cancel their flight and request a full refund. Hence, visit our official website for more flight information and policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Per the JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy, the passengers can get a full refund on their cancelled ticket if they cancel their flight within 24 hours. If you manage to do so, you can scan.
Ans. According to the JetBlue Airlines refund policy refund will takes seven to ten working days to be credited to your account. Sometimes, the airline will offer you credit instead of a refund, which you can use later for travel purposes. Passengers can use these miles after their cancellation to a year from their scheduled departure date.
Ans. The JetBlue Cancellation fee may depend on your fare type, ticket, and departing destination. In short, a passenger may pay between $100 to $200 as per JetBlue Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy.