What is All about Pet Policy?
Pet Policy revolves around taking your pet with you whenever you fly to another place for a trip or a vacation. Under this, all the conditions and requirements are stated by every airline to make sure that your pet remains in comfort while traveling on the flight.
The differences may occur depending on the airlines on the animals they allow on the flights. And how they permitted them to carry those pet policy on the flight.
What Types of Animals are Allowed on the Flights?
All the airlines generally permit dogs, cats, and small birds on the flight with their owner. But there are certain conditions laid down for the same, like based on the size; the airlines allow the pet on board; otherwise, you need to take the usage of the cargo to transport your pet.
You can also bring the pet on board, but only after purchasing another seat on the flight for your pet.
What are the Documents Necessary for Bringing a Pet on a Flight?
Some of the documents are quite normal that every pet owner has, and they must submit them to the airline to ensure the smooth process of your pet boarding. These are the documents that you need to submit to almost all the airlines:
- Health certificates that showcase that your pet is in the right condition.
- The letter that confirms that your pet is in the right to go on the plane is signed by a licensed vet.
- A record that presents the number of vaccines and the timing, mainly for rabies.
Conditions by Airlines to Bring a Pet Policy
You must follow some conditions to take your pet on the flight. Some conditions are fixed, but some are included by some airlines only. These conditions that are needed to get followed strictly are:
- The pet should remain under a pet carrier. There is a particular limit of the carrier defined. It must also fit under the chair in front of you and in the cabin above your head.
- You must ensure your pet is clean and any stink isn’t coming from them. They should remain silent while on the flight and not raise problems with any passengers sitting on the flight.
- They should rest inside the carrier comfortably, and not any parts of their body should come outside. There must be proper ventilation present out there in the carrier.
- Anyone cannot take their pet out of the carrier for some moments. They have to remain inside for the whole time whenever they are present on the flight.
Main Structure of the Pet Policy
Every airline follows the same structure to provide information about its policies. Hence, the same happened with Pet Policy; each of the carriers provides some common details, and the structure remains like this:
- Documents needed for taking the pet
- Conditions of the Pet Carrier
- How many Pets can one person bring?
- Procedure to bring Pet on board in flight
- The price you need to pay for bringing a pet on board
Which Airlines Didn’t allow the Pet to Travel Inside the Flight in the Passenger Cabin?
Various airlines are present that didn’t grant all the animals to travel on the flight in the passenger cabin. The names of these airlines are listed below:
- Air Canada Airline
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines
‘Note: Some airlines mainly focus on their passengers or users to serve them with full service and comfort so they don’t have any problems.
To know more about the Pet Policies in detail, you need to go through all policies of the airlines given here separately; give it a quick read and especially to the airline in which you are flying, so that no problem will occur when you take your pet with yourself.