Hawaiian Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Hawaiian Airlines Minor Policy came into existence to ensure that all the children will travel safely and parents don’t take that much stress about their kids. By following this policy, every minor can travel from one point to another point without any tension. Hawaiian Airlines ensures that your kid has a lifetime experience of traveling with them, and they don’t feel any regret after the traveling.
If your kid needs to travel somewhere and you made the booking with Hawaiian Airlines already, then you should read this write-up till the end to get familiar with every aspect of this policy.
A Glimpse of Hawaiian Airlines Minor Policy
Any child who is 5 to 11 years old and traveling alone, not with someone older than 15 years old in the same cabin, is considered an unaccompanied minor. On the contrary, when a child is 11 years younger or old and is traveling with someone of 15 in the same class of service, they do not have to go ahead with the alternative of an Unaccompanied minor.
All children 12 years old can travel as unaccompanied minors, whereas children below the age barrier of 5 years are not eligible to travel as an unaccompanied minor.
Booking in Hawaiian Airlines as an Unaccompanied Minor Policy
When I proceeded further to book a ticket for an unaccompanied minor policy on Hawaiian Airlines, then, I received back a message:
If you are trying a book a flight seat for an unaccompanied minor or for a child below the age of 13, reach out to the reservation department by calling.
It is the only way specified under Hawaiian Airlines minor policy to make the booking for a child as an unaccompanied minor.
Drop off and Pick up of Minor Policy in Hawaiian Airlines.
When you rely too much on Hawaiian Airlines and their policy, i.e., Hawaiian unaccompanied minor policy, they strive to maintain that trust from their side as well. Follow the steps mentioned here to make the trip of your children flawless.
Drop-off: Implement the listed steps when you are dropping off your child at the airport-
- Bring the minor with you who belongs to the age bar of 5 to 11.
- Complete the unaccompanied minor form issued by the airlines.
- Make sure that you bring every document of the minor. Keep those documents handy as needed and specified under Hawaiian Airlines Minor Policy.
- Provide the information of the person who will take custody of the minor at the destination airport. This information included the same person’s name, phone number, and address.
- Take the child to the airport to board the flight and stay there till the flight takes off.
Pick Up: Remember These Things or Keep in Mind when you Greet or Welcome the Child at the Destined Airport:
- When you reach the flight’s destination, it s needed for you must go to that area to pick up the child. You must gain a gate pass at the airport from the counter of Hawaiian Airlines. And for this, you need to present at the airport at least 90 minutes before the flight’s arrival time.
- Individuals whose names are specified on the documents can greet the child at the airport. To identify whether you are the same person or not, they do verification for the same.
- A person who comes to pick up the child at the airport must also have valid government Identification proof with a picture.
Documents Needed in Hawaiian Airline Child Policy
As we all know, when your child is traveling alone, there are also requirements for some of the documents. It is mentioned under Hawaiian Airlines’ minor policy what documents are mandatory. So, take a look:
- The unaccompanied minor form is given by the airlines.
- Consented form signed by the parents or by a guardian.
- Childbirth certificate or passport to verify the age of the minor.
- A copy of a valid identification card issued by the government with a photograph in it also.
- General details like name, phone number, and address of the person who will greet the children at the destination.
Everyone must fill out the unaccompanied minor form and submit it at the airport when you are heading to the check-in. Both (the minor and the parents) have to complete the process of check-in, do the paperwork, and then pay the unaccompanied minor fees at the airport.
If a child is traveling alone, they are not permitted to do the check-in through a website or kiosk center.
Fees Under Hawaiian Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
For all the minors who are traveling with Hawaiian Airlines within the state of Hawaii, the fee they need to pay per person is $35. This price is get added to the cost of the plane ticket. On the other hand, if a minor travels between the continental US and Hawaii, they need to pay $100 per person for one way. It is separate from the price of the flight booking.
Suppose that you are more than one and both came under the segment of Unaccompanied minor. Then you can travel freely only by paying for once. According to Hawaiian Minor Policy, two minors are allowed on one ticket if they belong to one family or group.
Age limitations for Hawaiian Airlines Minor Flying Alone
Hawaiian Airlines’ minor policy has age restrictions so that no one can take over the usage of this option. The minimum age limitation to fly alone as a minor on Hawaiian Airlines is 5 years. If your child or any minor is not younger than 5 years, they are not eligible to fly as minors on Hawaiian Airlines.
Children aged 5 to 11 years are regarded as minors according to Hawaiian Unaccompanied minor policy. It is mandatory to make the reservation for children of this age group as minors. Besides this, for all the younger children between the age group of 12 to 17, the alternative to going with unaccompanied minor service is optional. If they want to go with this service, then the parent or guardian of that minor need to inform the airline before the scheduled departure of the airline. Thus, they will make the requirements ready for all of them.
When a child between the age of 5 to 11 is traveling with someone else who belongs to the age of 15 years or more than that in the same flight and cabin, he/she will get exempted from the segment of being a minor in matters of domestic flights. Apart from this, the person should be 18 or more while traveling on International flights. When the companion is not traveling in the same cabin, the child will be considered an Unaccompanied minor.
Children who are above 12 and less than 17 have the right to travel on an International flight, but they have to submit some additional documents. You will have to tell the concerned person on the team why you are traveling alone or with one of your parents or guardian.
Restriction for Unaccompanied Minors per Hawaiian Airlines Minor Policy
The Hawaiian Airlines Minor Policy imposes some sort of restrictions on every minor traveling with them. And every child must remain or follow those restrictions.
- If a flight gets diverted or shifted to another airport, no unaccompanied minor will be permitted.
- The minors or children are not allowed to board a plane that has the probability or chances of getting delayed.
- The request of booking as an unaccompanied minor is not accepted by Hawaiian Airlines if it is raised from 9 pm to 5 am. Two conditions exempted from this scenario are: When that flight is the last flight of the day, and the request is laid down for a flight operating out of Honolulu.
- The presence of an overnight connection between the flights will directly discard the booking of unaccompanied minors on those flights.
- According to Hawaiian Airlines Unaccompanied minor policy, minors’ travel is banned on all Interline or codeshare flights.
- All minors or children are forfeited to travel on flights that have a connection time greater than 2 hours or less than 1 hour.
- You can’t make the booking of an unaccompanied minor in extra-comfort fare. As they are only permitted in the economy and first class. Moreover, for that, they need to pay the unaccompanied minor fees as well, along with the price of the booking.
The Check-in Process for an Unaccompanied Minor
All the parents and guardians of the minor are requested to come earlier to complete all the paperwork without delay. Before proceeding to the check-in, you must submit the fees and fill out the unaccompanied minor form. To maintain the minor’s safety, Hawaiian Airlines allocate seats to the minors at check-in only. Following Hawaiian Airlines Minor Policy, it becomes vivid that a minor can’t do the check-in through the website as the parents who come to see off the child have to present at the airport with the minor.
All the parents are obliged to come to the check-in gate with the minor and hand over the child. Another reason is that they need to complete the paperwork and submit the minor fees as per Hawaiian minor policy.
Unaccompanied Minor Tips for Parents in Hawaiian Airlines
You can proceed further to book a ticket on the basis of your convenience for your unaccompanied minor flying alone.
All the parents or guardians who are supposed to pick up the child would come earlier. They should be present at least 90 minutes before the flight’s landing time. So that they wouldn’t face any trouble in getting their entry pass from the airport.
Seeing off parents are responsible for providing the correct or accurate information of the greeting parents. It includes name, contact number, address, and Identification card verified by the government.
Parents who come to drop off their children at the airport must come to the check-in gate and then wait until the plane departs.
To Sum up..!
Hawaiian Airlines has a clear and sorted policy for all unaccompanied minors. When we compare Hawaiian Airlines minor policy with the minor policy of other airlines, we can spot the difference easily. You can witness that the policy presented by Hawaiian Airlines is pretty much flexible regarding age limits, restrictions, routes, etc. If you do not understand anything or are confused about this policy, call us anytime or contact us via mail, live chat. Our team will make sure to make your child’s travel commendable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, parents must submit a copy of the birth certificate and passport as identification proof when giving the unaccompanied minor form.
Children who are above 12 years can fly freely alone on International flights. On the other hand, children who belong between 5 to 11 years are not allowed inside the International flights. Minors under the age of 12 can only go on International flights with a companion with the age of 18 years. They both must travel on the same flight or even in the same cabin.
All the minors having the age of 12 years or more, have the right to use the Young Travelers program. According to which they don’t have to pay a single penny. It includes the availability of gate passes for parents who are coming to drop off or pick up the child.
If the information in this article doesn’t prove beneficial enough for you, reach out to our customer care team. For this, call us at our number, or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to Hawaiian Airlines minor policy, if you are up to the age of 12 years, then you are accepted as an unaccompanied minor. If you belong between 5 to 11, you should have the company of an adult of at least 15.