Have you booked your flight in haste and now want to Upgrade Seats on Spirit Airlines? Spirit Airlines flights offer more comfy seats to all its passengers, whether they’re flying for small or long-haul destinations. When it comes to moving from one place to another, comfort is our priority, and we can’t compromise with that. To keep your convenience in mind, Spirit Airline provides extensive in-flight and on-board services along with extra leg space in the business and first-class cabins. The passengers are also allowed to upgrade their seats if they don’t want to do any adjustments during their entire journey. To know everything about Spirit Airline Seat Upgrade Policy and the limitations you need to comply with, keep reading this blog till the end.
What is Upgrade Seats on Spirit Airlines Policy?
There are a few things that the passengers need to remember when making the Upgrade Seats on Spirit Airlines, let’s have a look at each one:
- According to the Rules and Regulations of Spirit Airlines, to make the upgradation in your seat more than 24 hours before the scheduled departure, click on the My Trip tab and visit the Add or Modify seat link. Then fill out the form to complete the process.
- If the flyers want to upgrade their flight seat within 24 hours prior to departure, they can purchase the seat while online check-in to do so.
- To upgrade a flight seat at the time of online check-in, travelers have to do it up to 1.5 hours before the scheduled departure of their flight.
- If you’re a Spirit airline’s mileage program member, you are allowed to make the seat selection/ upgradation while check-in without paying any extra charges.
- The passengers can also make the upgradation of their seat via scheduling a call to the customer service executive.
Effective Methods to Upgrade Seats on Spirit Airlines!
Have you already booked your flight ticket, and now you’re thinking of upgrading your seat? If yes, then say thanks to Spirit Airlines Flight Upgradation Policy. You’ve three ways to make the upgradation of your flight ticket; all are presented here independently to clarify your doubts.
1: Upgrade Seats via Online Mode
- In the first place, navigate to the Spirit.com official website of Spirit Airlines using your smartphone, desktop, or laptop devices.
- Now, select the My Trip option from the menu located at the top of the main page. Here, you’re allowed to change, add extra baggage or cancel your bookings, etc.
- You’re prompted to provide your last name and the confirmation number, which has been sent to you through email.
- Once you get the available flight page, select your flight and click on the Add or Modify seat link.
- Enter the required details in the form and mention the seats you want to replace with your original ones.
- Afterward, go to the payment page and follow the on-screen instructions to make the payment for the seat upgradation.
- When your payment is completed successfully, you’ll receive a confirmation message on your registered email address.
2: Upgrade at the time of Spirit Flight Check-in
- To start off, head to Spirit Airline’s official website and choose the Check-in option from the top of the homepage.
- After this, fill out your last name and PNR number on the check-in page to proceed ahead.
- You must follow the instructions appearing on your screen to complete your flight check-in.
- Navigate to the seat map to make the upgradation of your seat as per your needs and preferences.
- The check-in process is free on the official website of the airline. But you need to pay the charges to purchase or upgrade your flight seats.
- Now, hover over the payment page to pay the seat upgradation charges.
- When all set, you’ll get your boarding pass on the screen and your email.
3: Upgrade Seats over a Phone Call
- You can directly speak up with a customer care executive at the toll-free number to upgrade your flight seats on Spirit Airlines.
- Now, go through the IVR guide once getting connected.
- Choose your preferred language and request the upgradation of your seat.
- Once the IVR process is over, you need to wait for a while. Then, one of our agents will get back to you.
- You have to provide all your flight details including your name, confirmation code, origin, destination cities, etc., to make the quick upgradation of your flight seat.
- As soon as the process is finished, you’ll be asked to choose your suitable payment mode.
- When you make the payment to confirm your booking, you’ll receive the confirmation message on your email address.
Always remember that you will be able to process your seat upgradation request only if there’s availability of upgradeable seats.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
Want to cancel your Spirit Airlines Reservations but, unfortunately, don’t know the ins and outs of the cancellation policy? If yes, then no worries. Flight Cancelation can be a very frustrating or annoying process that you have ever gone through. At times, cancellation might be so time-taking whether the passengers have to unwillingly cancel their booked flight ticket or make some changes to it. Below you’ll learn what Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy is all about, let’s get started.
Spirit Airlines 24-Hour Cancellations
Under Spirit Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy, you can cancel any flight within 24 hours of booking and receive a full refund if the flight that you’ve booked will depart at least seven days later. This policy applies to all types of fares, such as standard, flight flex, and award ticket. However, Passengers who cancel their flight within seven days of travel or more than 24 hours after purchasing their flight ticket will have to pay cancellation charges.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Due to Weather
If your flight is canceled due to severe weather conditions that are beyond Spirit Airlines’ control, you will get travel credits that you can use for future purposes. The airlines will make reasonable efforts to provide the next alternative flight once the weather gets cleared. Have you changed your plans and don’t want to travel right away? Alright, Spirit Airlines allows you to cancel your flight and apply for a Reservation Credit that you can redeem later.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Fee
The Spirit Airlines ticket cancellation usually depends on when you cancel your flight ticket and which fare type you choose. The types of tickets are listed below:
If you’re willing to cancel your standard ticket and you purchased the ticket more than 24 hours ago, you’ll need to pay a cancellation fee. It’s required to do so within the initial 24-hour window or more than 60 days from the departure of your flight to avoid the cancellation fees. The charges depend on how many days from departure your flight is. Whenever the cancellation fee is deducted from the fare you paid, the remaining amount will be issued as a reservation credit that can be used while traveling from Spirit Airlines in the future. This credit can’t be transferred to someone else and is only used by the person who booked the flight ticket.
Flight Flex Ticket
Don’t want to pay any modification charges? After adding the Flight Flex fare, you’ll be able to modify your itinerary for free once up to 24 hours prior to your departure. Unfortunately, cancellations are not made as a modification. So if you wish to cancel your bookings, the charges fall under the same category as the Standard ticket. Once the cancellation is made, your refund will be issued as future travel credit that can only be used by the passenger the credit was issued for.
When you cancel the flight that you have booked with your Spirit Awards miles, the miles will be deposited back into your account so that you can use them while booking a future flight. You’ll need to speak up with Spirit’s customer service representatives about the flight cancellation, as it can’t be done online.
Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy
If you’re going to travel to a long-haul destination, you need to know about Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy to avoid paying unnecessary charges. Some airlines prohibit more than one carry-on, while some allow two checked bags for free. It might be a little confusing to figure out how much weight you can carry with you at the time of boarding. However, Spirit Luggage Policy is simple and straightforward that keeps you away from any kind of headache when traveling.
- Spirit Airlines baggage fees are low for carry-ons and checked bags.
- The cost of a personal item is included with your flight ticket.
- The airline charges more for checked bags exceeding the weight of 40 lbs.
Baggage limits and dimensions allowed on Spirit Airlines flights are listed below:
- You may take one personal item that fits entirely in the smaller-sized box, which includes a purse, laptop bag, electronic device case, small backpack, etc.
- The dimensions of personal items like purses or backpacks must not overreach 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45 x 35 x 20 cm), including handles and wheels.
- Another personal item or anything larger, just like a standard carry-on or checked bag, will be charged.
- There will be a baggage fee for a carry-on along with the personal item.
- Carry-on baggage dimensions must be a maximum of 22 x 18 x10 inches (56 x 46 x 25 cm), along with the handles and wheels.
- A carry-on bag will be taken as a checked bag if you can’t safely place it on a particular flight.
- Passengers will have to pay a fee to travel with checked baggage on a Spirit Airlines booking.
- They can check up to five bags, but paying a certain amount as a fee is required.
- The checked luggage dimensions (length + width + height) must not exceed 62 linear in (158 cm), including handles and wheels, and its maximum weight must not exceed 40 pounds (18.1 kg).
- Bags weighing won’t be accepted more than 100 pounds (45 kg) or measuring more than 80 linear in (203 cm) in overall dimensions.
Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
Spirit Airlines has a simple but stringent refund policy. The airline does not offer refundable fares to its flyers, as it adds them for future travel. However, you will be entitled to get a full refund if:
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours and up to seven or more days prior to the scheduled departure date, the airlines will give you a full refund without any cancellation charges.
- Make sure your flight is canceled by the official website of Spirit Airline. No refund will provide to passengers who have booked their tickets from unauthorized portals.
- The airline would initiate the refund amount within seven days if you use the credit card for the payment and 20 days if use other payment modes.
- Passengers don’t need to pay a cancellation fee if the airline cancels the flight itself.
- Your flight gets delayed by at least 2 hours.
- Your flight is rescheduled, and the new flight does not suit your calendar.
- If you have purchased non-refundable tickets, cancellation fees will be charged once the risk-free period gets missed.
- You’ll get your full refund if you’re forced to cancel your booking due to the following:• Passport Theft Illness.
• The Death of family members.
• Orders initiated by the military or the courts.
• Government Restrictions.
How to check the Spirit Airlines Flight Status?
Nowadays, flight tracking has become the most advanced feature to stay up to date with your flights and get real-time information regarding flight arrival, departure, aircraft position and airspeed. The passengers can also know about flight cancelations and delays and plan their trip accordingly. To check your flight status on Spirit Airlines, you need to do the following:
- The initial step is to enter the flight number, date, or city pairs and select Check Status.
- All the flights will start displaying on your screen scheduled for that particular date.
- You must view our check-in policy to ensure you’re on time for your flight.
We hope that you find this blog helpful, and now you’re able to answer how to upgrade seats on Spirit Airlines Flights. No doubt, Spirit Airlines is considered one of the most recognized, popular, and finest airlines all over the world. It gives you the privilege of upgrading your travel class in just a few easy clicks. However, if still you’re getting issues while upgrading, canceling, or changing your flight class, then feel free to get in touch with Spirit Airlines customer service executives to make your journey more relaxing than you expect.