An Ultimate Guide To JetBlue Baggage Policy
Are you planning to travel with JetBlue Airlines for your next trip? If that’s the case, then make sure you pack accordingly. Cause if you don’t, then be ready to pay the additional fee JetBlue Airlines charges. You must know about the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy to avoid paying additional fees. In this guide, we will be discussing all the rules & regulations related to JetBlue Airlines. Stay Tuned!
JetBlue Carry-On Baggage Policy
According to the JetBlue Carry-On Baggage Policy, passengers can bring one carry-on item and one personal item. However, to carry these items, you must follow the given rules and regulations regarding the weight and size of the baggage.
- Per the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, the passengers can only bring one personal item and carry-on item.
- However, the rules may differ for Blue Basic Fare Passengers as they cannot bring any carry-on bag; they can only bring one personal item.
- JetBlue Airlines does not have any strict policy when it comes to Carry-On items. But, according to the carry-on baggage policy, your bags must be feathery enough to be lifted by the air hostess easily.
- The dimension of your carry-on bags must be around 22 x 14 x 9 inches. The bags you wish to carry under your seat must be within 17 x 13 x 8 inches in total.
JetBlue Airlines Checked Allowance
Per the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, your baggage must be at most 23 kg. The Baggage weight may differ from class to class. For instance, Mint Class Customers can bring at least 32 kg of luggage if traveling within the USA, Latin America, or the Caribbean. However, your bags must not exceed be at mostu know that you can book your baggage before your scheduled departure? But you may have to pay an additional fee for some routes. Here, you can check out the price ranges from route to route;-
All the passengers departing from the USA, Latin America, Caribbean have to pay this amount;-
FREE (up to 70 lbs)
FREE (up to 70 lbs)
The JetBlue Plus Card member
For all the Passengers travelling between the USA & UK
The JetBlue Plus Card member
JetBlue Baggage Fees
Types of Baggage
Max Size (L+W+H)
First checked bag
Second checked bag
Third(+) checked bag
Excess Baggage Policy
You must pay additional JetBlue baggage fees if your baggage exceeds the given Airline’s weight and size limitation. But, the excess baggage fee may depend on factors such as your route, ticket, fare class, and many more.
As we have said earlier, the passenger may have to pay an excess baggage fee to carry overweight or additional bags. Here’s how much you need to pay;-
- If you carry more than three pieces, you must pay at least $200 if you are traveling from London and $150 for any international destination.
- For any overweight baggage weighing between 51 to 99 pounds, you may have to pay at least $150.
- As for luggage exceeding 63 to 80 inches, you would have to pay at least 150 dollars.
JetBlue Baggage Policy For Infants
The Airline allows its passengers to carry Infants on domestic or international flights. But, according to the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, the infants may be unable to book their tickets. However, if you are flying with an infant, you must inform them about your situation. As per the JetBlue Baggage Policy, the passengers can carry infants on the plane who must not be under the age of two.
Besides the infant, there are other items you can bring, such as Baby Car Seats, Strollers, and baby diaper bags. But, one thing you must remember is that the infant cannot carry their own checked luggage, so their stuff would be counted in yours. And this rule stands still, even if you buy individual tickets for your infants. Even then, your baby cannot carry their carry & checked baggage.
Allowed Items That Passengers can Bring As Carry-On Baggage
There are many items that you can bring as your carry-on baggage. However, these items are approved by the Airline to be taken safely and securely. If you follow the JetBlue International Baggage Policy’s rules and regulations, you can take these safely through TSA security guidelines.
- Any kind of sharp objects such as Knives & Scissors
- Safety pins
- Alcoholic beverages
- Baby carrier
- Car seat
- Coffee maker
- Bread toaster
- Airbrush makeup
- Air mattress
- Power Banks
- Personal care
Restricted Items That Passengers Cannot Bring On Board
JetBlue Airlines can be strict when it comes to the items that cause harm to others or can be used as one. The airline does not allows its passengers to carry any type of sharp or explosive item on board. Here, check out the list of the items that you cannot bring for your next flight;-
Seafood and meat
Baggage Policy For Sports Equipment
Like any other airline in the business, JetBlue Airlines permits its passengers to carry sports items, but only if they follow certain rules given by the Airline. According to the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, Passengers cannot bring any sports items if it exceeds 32 kg.
The JetBlue Airline allows passengers to bring Skis, Fishing, golf, and lacrosse items. But, remember, it must follow the guidelines given by the Airline. Here are other sports items that you can bring;-
Scuba Diving equipment
Rules & Regulations of Sports Equipment
- According to the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, passengers can carry all their sporting items in hard cases. Remember that the Airline will not be possible for any damage to the sports equipment if it’s not properly packed.
- The Airline does not allow its passengers to bring any item weighing more than 99 lbs.
- Remember that many destinations do not allow any sports items under checked-in baggage. For more information, you have to get in touch with the Airline.
JetBlue Airways Baggage Policy For Musical Items
There are many items that the Airline permits its user to carry on their flight, and musical equipment is one of them. According to the JetBlue International Baggage Policy, passengers cannot bring any items that weigh more than 164 lbs. If it does, you must buy a separate seat for your musical equipment. Pack your sports items properly in the hard cases to avoid any damage. If there’s any damage to your musical item, then the Airline will not be responsible.
Here are some of the items that you can bring on board;-
JetBlue Liquids Baggage Policy
The Airline allows its passengers to carry certain liquid items as carry-on. But remember that the liquid items must be kept carefully to avoid leakage. As per the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, passengers cannot bring any liquid item that can catch fire easily.
Guidelines For Liquid Items
- First, you must remember that the liquid must be under the capacity of 3.4 ounces or anything less than that. This way, you can avoid any mishaps during the screening procedure.
- Make sure to keep your liquid items in quart-sized plastic bags and containers.
- Carry your Liquid Items in a sealed zip-lock bag.
- Always check your liquid items to make sure it does not overflow.
JetBlue Airlines Rules & Regulations For Overweight & Oversized Baggage
As per the JetBlue Baggage Policy, passengers can bring overweight luggage items. Thus, if you bring any item weighing more than 50 pounds, you will be charged some overweight extra baggage fee. Keep in mind that all your checked baggage items must not weigh more than 50 pounds cause if you do, you will have to pay at least $100 to $150 for your overweight luggage.
However, there are many chances that the Airline will only accept your baggage at the boarding gate if it weighs at most 99 lbs. As for the dimension, if your bag exceeds 62 inches, then it will be considered oversized baggage, and you will be charged for overweight baggage.
If your baggage items fall between 63 to 80 inches, you must pay at least $100 to $150. However, if your baggage is more than 80 inches in length, then the Airline will not accept it anyhow.
Baggage Policy For Pets
The Airline allows its passengers to carry pets with them on board. But it takes a lot of work. For this, you may have to follow certain rules and regulations, such as;-
- The Passengers can fly with their pets on both domestic and international flights.
- However, you are allowed to bring at least four pets per trip. The JetBlue Airline only allows small cats and dogs to fly in the cabin.
- In most cases, it is advised that the passengers must buy their pet’s reservation as soon as possible.
- Always carry your pets in pet carriers. Remember that the carrier must be big enough for your pet to move comfortably inside.
- As per the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, the pet carrier cannot fly in the cargo section due to lack of Oxygen.
- Ensure your pet carrier is leakproof from the bottom, and its two sides must be equally ventilated.
JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy For Active-Duty Military Members
JetBlue Airlines allows its passengers to bring their baggage on board for free only if they are active-duty military members. According to the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, the Airline provides multiple advantages regarding the baggage to active duty US military members. While flying with JetBlue Airlines, make sure to follow the given rules;-
- Military passengers can bring at least two free bags, even when flying for leisure.
- However, if the military passenger is traveling for work, they can at least bring five baggage for no cost.
- There are some benefits that will be given to the military officer’s family. But keep in mind if you want to avoid paying additional fees during your travel, show your ID card at the airport to bring your baggage on board for free.
How Can You Save Extra Baggage Fees on JetBlue Airlines?
The Passengers can avoid paying extra baggage fees if they follow the airlines’ rules. Here, you can do not have to pay any fees if you follow these guidelines;-
- The best way to avoid extra baggage fees is by purchasing the TrueBlue Mosaic subscription. If you become a member, you can get at least 15,000 miles in just a year or any travel points.
- If you purchase this membership, you can get many benefits, such as priority boarding and no-cost flight cancellation.
- However, if you are a military personnel, you can get many advantages on your baggage allowance.
- Ultimately, you can get credit cards from the Airline to get a big discount on your flight ticket.
JetBlue Airlines has quite a straightforward Baggage Policy. You must know about the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy to avoid paying any excess baggage fees. If you follow all the given rules & regulations, then you can get the best deal and avoid paying additional baggage fees. For more information regarding this issue, you can visit our official website or contact us via live chat.
See More Post Related To JetBlue Airways
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The baggage weight may differ due to fare type, ticket type, and different regions. The JetBlue Airways baggage policy for economy passengers allows its passengers to carry two bags weighing 23 kg for each bag. In comparison, the business class members can bring more than three bags which must weigh around 32 kg every bag. On the other hand, first-class passengers can bring up to four bags, and each bag must weigh around 32 kg.
Ans. According to the JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy, passengers may have to pay additional fees if they bring more than the given baggage limitation. However, the baggage fee will cost you between $45 to $150 dollars.
Ans. Yes, the passenger can pay for their baggage using an online procedure. You can pay for your baggage within 24 hours before the scheduled departure. Navigate to the Online Check-in option, and you will do it quickly.