Pro Tips You Must Know About Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy
Hawaiian airlines happens to be one of the best airlines in the business currently. As you may know, plans can change and it may lead you to cancel your flight. The cancellation procedure is easy when you know how to process everything. But, if you don’t, then it can be a little fuzzy for you. This is where we slide in. Here are some tips and to tricks to make you aware of the guidelines of Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy.
Rules & Regulations of Hawaiian Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines permits its passengers to cancel their flight at least 24 hours before their scheduled departure. This way, you can request a refund.
- The cancellation procedure has a lot to do with what type of tickets you have purchased. For instance, if you have a non-refundable ticket, then you will not be eligible for a refund after cancelling it. But, don’t fret about it, as the airline may offer you travel credit for the unused portion of your ticket.
- For those who have a refundable ticket, then they can ask for a full refund after the cancellation policy.
- According to the Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy, passengers can cancel their non-refundable ticket without paying any applicable fees. But, for this, they would have to cancel their ticket 24 hours before the final boarding.
- In case you happen to make any changes to your ticket, then you will have to pay a certain amount to the airline. The fee may depend on your fare ticket, destination and many more.
- As for those who are seeking a refund on their canceled ticket, you must know that the refund depends on what type of ticket-holder you are. As per the Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy, passengers who have refundable tickets can apply for a full refund. Whereas, those who have non-refundable tickets will get travel credit instead of a refund which they can use for their future travel.
- Do you know that Hawaiian Airlines actually offers travel plans? Well, these plans provide flexibility and cover the extra cost of your cancellation process & flight change. However, to be a part of this plan, you would have to purchase it.
- Moreover, the Hawaiian Airlines Flight cancellation policy may differ due to some situations such as medical or military emergency. Keep in mind, the airline has different rules for certain criteria such as medically challenged passengers, pets and military passengers.
Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy Fees
As per the Hawaiian Flight Cancellation policy, the cancellation fee applies to all the non-refundable ticket holders who cancel their tickets after 24 hours. Remember, the cancellation fee depends on many aspects, such as fare type, ticket and destination. Here is the complete breakdown of cancellation fees:-
Hawaiian Cancellation per ticket online
Hawaiian Cancellation per ticket via contact center
What is the Procedure of Cancelling the Hawaiian Airlines Ticket?
As we have discussed about the bits of the cancellation policy, it is now time to know about the procedure of cancelling your ticket. Passengers can cancel their ticket using both online and offline methods. For more information, follow the below-listed methods:-
1. Cancel Your Flight Using Online Process
This method happens to be one of the easiest methods by which you can revoke your tickets. Without further ado, execute the below-mentioned steps;-
- You can start by visiting the official website of Hawaiian airlines.
- As soon as you land on the Hawaiian airlines website, then go to the My Trips option.
- Then, you can enter your personal details such as ticket number, confirmation number, reference number to be able to access the reservation.
- Now, you can choose the Cancel Flight option and pay for any applicable fees depending on your ticket type.
- Once you are done with the payment, then the airline will send you an email to your registered account regarding flight cancellation.
- Lastly, if you have applied for a refund, then it can take at least seven to ten days for the refund to be credited back in your account.
2. Cancel Your Hawaiian Flight Via Phone Call
Most passengers find offline methods much more. This method comes to the rescue when you do not know how to cancel your flight using the online method. All you have to do is dial the official number of the airline and then follow these instructions;-
- Before dialing the number, you must keep the Hawaiian Airlines ticket number and reservation number handy for a smooth procedure.
- Then, you can ask your agent to cancel your reservation for you. After this, ask the airline agent if you are entitled to a refund or not.
- Moreover, if you are eligible for a refund, then the airline will credit your refund with the original payment method that you used for booking your tickets.
- As a matter of fact, the refund will be credited in seven working days.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Cancellation And Refund Policy
The Hawaiian Airlines Refund Policy is quite straightforward. According to the Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy, passengers who have refundable tickets can cancel their ticket and ask for a full refund. The airline will credit your refund on the original payment method that you used previously.
Now, the refund procedure may differ a little bit for those who have non-refundable tickets. For starters, passengers can get travel credits for the unused portion of their ticket. passengers can use these travel credit for their future travel.
How Can you Request for a Refund?
The Hawaiian Cancellation refund procedure is easy and less time-consuming, all you have to do is follow the below listed steps:-
- If you want to get a full refund on your canceled ticket, then start by cancelling your ticket at least 24 hours before your scheduled flight.
- However, in case of denied boarding, you can ask the airline for compensation as well as demand a full refund.
- There’s one more case, where you would be eligible for a full refund despite your ticket, class or destination, when the airline happens to cancel your ticket.
- For those who have a refundable ticket, they can get a full refund on their tickets.
Request For a Refund Online
Just like the cancellation procedure, the passengers can ask for a refund using online procedure. The entire process will only take a minute or so, here’s what you have to do;-
- Start by logging into your account on the official website of the airlines.
- As soon as you are done with the login procedure, then you can look for your canceled flight.
- Now, navigate to the Refund option and then fill out the necessary fields to request for a refund.
- Once you are done entering your details, then you can contact the customer care service and inquire them about the refund.
- At the end of the day, you would have to be a little patient with the whole refund process. According to the Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy, it may take up to 7 days for your refund to get credited in your account.
Cases Where You Would be Compensated By the Hawaiian Airlines
As per the Hawaiian Flight Cancellation policy, the passengers would be entitled for compensation if their flight has been delayed, cancelled or they have been denied boarding. Now, to get more information about the compensation, you can explore the table listed down below:-
If your Flight has Been Delayed
Per Hawaiian Airlines Flight Cancellation policy, if the flight has been delayed for more two hours, then the passengers can demand for a compensation. Here’s how much they can get:-
Flight Delay Timing
Hawaiian Flight distance
If your flight has been delayed for 2 hours
1,500 km or less
Flight is being delayed for 3 hours
1,500 km to 3,500 km
For all the flight delayed for more than 3 hours
Over 3,500 km
For Canceled Flight
There are many instances where the airline cancels your flight without any further notice. This happen if there’s weather or any technical emergency. Whatever the case is, the passengers are required to request for a compensation:-
Hawaiian Flight distance
Under 1,500 km
1,500 km to 3,500 km
Over 3,500 km
In Case, if You have been Denied Boarding
Passenger Arrival Time
If the passenger is late by not more than one hour
There will be no compensation
Late for more than one hour
Passenger is late for more than two hours
There are many reasons why passengers must show up for their scheduled departure. It can be a related emergency or family, so passengers fail to attend their flight. In this case, you must be familiar with the guidelines of JetBlue Airlines Flight No-Show Policy-
- Those with non-refundable tickets would not have any refund on their ticket. In fact, in case of a no-show at the airport, then the entire value of your ticket will be lost.
- Now, here comes the best part. If you have booked a refundable ticket, there will be no refund, but you can fly a little later in your scheduled departure.
In the Meantime
Cancelling flight is never easy, especially if you do not know how to process everything. Well, this is where we come to help you out in this situation. Before, jumping straight to the cancellation process it is really important to read and gather all the necessary information about Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy. We have explained what you must know about the policy, how you can process your cancellation and refund request. However, if you any other questions related to cancellation policy, flight booking, then you can refer to our official website for more such content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Well, yes it does. As per the Hawaiian Flight Cancellation Policy, if the passenger has not used any portion of their ticket, then the airline will provide them with a full refund on their flight ticket. Remember, the Refund will take a week to get processed in your account, so you have to be a little patient.
Ans. Yes, you can ask the airline to reschedule your current flight to another date. But, you may have to pay for your flight change as per the rules. Hence, the overall cost to reschedule your flight would be between $30 to $33 dollars.
Ans. No, as per the Hawaiian Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy, the passengers cannot by any means transfer their fare ticket to someone else.