Delta Airlines Minor Policy: Unaccompanied Minor Program
Feel the need to travel with your kid? Delta Airlines understands this concern of every passenger, and hence they came forward with the thing called Delta Airlines Minor policy. According to this policy, every minor can travel on the flight by paying some fees. But some certain limitations and rules or regulations exist that you need to be aware of. So, for you, in this write-up, an elaboration of Delta Airlines is given, and all you need to do is to give a thorough reading of this article.
Take a deep dive into this, and don’t leave any point in the middle so that you will receive complete information about this Delta Unaccompanied minor policy.
Explanation of Delta Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Delta Minor Travel policy is created to provide comfort and assistance or supervision to all children and minors aged between 5 to 14 years. We sense that we must ensure that the minor will travel and reach their destination safely and comfortably. In addition, we also need to ensure that they wouldn’t encounter any issues during their travel.
Per Delta Airlines Minor Age policy, the unaccompanied minor is the child only who belongs to the range of age between 5 to 14.
Prime Pointers Under Delta Minor Travel Policy
As we know that when a Delta policy is created, there are some rules or regulations also involved. So, to know this Delta Airlines Unaccompanied minor policy in detail, give a reading to all of these conditions listed here.
- All children less than the age of 2 years can travel free of cost on Delta Airlines while sitting on an adult’s lap. Though, you can also buy an extra ticket to have an extra seat for convenience.
- The airline doesn’t restrict women from traveling any day when they are pregnant. There is no need for a medical certificate to travel on a Delta Airlines flight. Besides, you should consult a doctor before taking the flight if you are in your 8th month.
- Infants who just arrived in this world and belong to the period of 7 days only then are not permitted to travel in Delta Airlines unless and until they receive an approval letter from their doctor.
- If you want your child to travel on a separate flight seat, you need to pay for it whether they are traveling on domestic flights or International Ones.
- All the child under the age of 2 years can travel with their parent or guardian in their lap.
Instances When You Need to Buy a Ticket For a Minor
When any of the parents or guardians face the listed situation, they have to buy a separate ticket for their children. These are the highlighted scenarios in this given case:
- When the child turns out to be 2 years or more then it.
- In a matter of having one kid in the lap already, and here, age doesn’t matter anything.
- Scenario when a parent wants to wish a child to sit in an FAA-approved child safety seat.
- When you possess, wish to have your child earn miles points in their SkyMiles account.
Regulation of Delta Airlines Minor Policy
Below is a list that consists of all the key conditions and regulations stated under Delta Airlines Minor Policy by Delta Airlines. Give a read to all of the given pointers:
- Unaccompanied minor service is a must for kids between the ages of 5-14 who are not traveling with adults. The condition to be called an adult is minimum 18 years.
- All the kids between the age range of 5 to 7 are only permitted to travel on non-stop flights.
- It is strictly prohibited by Delta Airlines to allow unaccompanied minors to travel on flights between the time (9 PM to 5 AM).
- Delta Airlines doesn’t permit any minor to make their booking on the last connecting flight of the day. It is because they want to avoid the minor’s overnight stay in a hotel.
Unaccompanied Minor Fees in Delta Airlines
According to the Delta Airlines Minor policy, the fee structure for the unaccompanied minor revolves around USD 150/CAD/EUR for all the minor passengers each way with CAD and EUR. This condition came into the game when you have a returning flight from either of the places that are Canada or Europe. Otherwise, these fees will only apply to minors from the USA. Along with this, on all of the International flights, both non-stop and connecting ones as well. It gets added up on the adult fare of the minor.
- For all the children who belong to the age group of 5-14 and for 15-17, they need to pay the charge of around $150. But these fees will only apply in the game when the guardian makes the booking under Delta Minor Policy.
- According to this Delta Air Lines Unaccompanied minor policy, these rules apply to children up to 4. For instance, when 2-3 cousins or friends want to travel together, these fees will cover them all.
- Everyone can pay the fee for one way or a round-way trip. You can do it at the time of booking or can do it by calling the customer care team of Delta Airlines.
Special Perks included Delta Air Lines Minor Policy.
There are numerous perks and benefits included under Delta Minor’s policy. It ensures your child’s comfort so he/she wouldn’t face any trouble during their journey. Some of the perks that are included under this policy are as follows:
- Check-in Especially: Any Delta Airlines’ representatives concerned with the task will take your children to the gate and then make them have an early boarding pass.
- Included Meals & Snacks for Kids: Every child will receive complimentary food and snacks while traveling to avoid feeling awkward.
- Assistance in Connecting Flights: A team member of Delta Airlines will ensure that the child or minor will get into the next flight without interruption.
- Transportation on Ground: If a child demands help on the ground for transportation, Delta Airlines provides the commutation from and to the airport.
- Competent Flight Attendants: The attendants on the flight will take care of all the minors present on the flight. Regular updates are given to all the guardians or parents of the children.
- Help in Baggage: The team of Delta Airlines will ensure that no child will face any difficulty getting their baggage on the flight.
Delta Airlines Minor Id Policy
As soon as you reach the airport, find one of the Delta Airlines customer care team members. And then talk with them to know about Child’s drop-off and pick-off time. At this place, you will receive a wristband that your child needs to wear the whole time when they remain on the flight. Besides all of this, you need to make a pile of documents that you need to submit in addition to the ID card of your child.
According to Delta Air Lines Minor Policy, some of the documents needed to be present by the minors are:
- An identification card that has a picture in it.
- Address proof
- The contact number that is available in the working condition
- Basic details like name, address, and number of the concerned person who will take the minor to the destination.
Delta Rules For Minors Flying Alone
The most crucial thing is that the minor traveling alone should have all the necessary documents with them so they can present them whenever required. These documents involve the visa, passport, and an identification card with the image on it. Please keep this thing in mind that every place has laid down its travel requirements. Thus, it is suggested to all of you to check for those requirements before proceeding.
Rules for Drop-off and Pick-up
Drop-off: All the parents or guardian is required to come with their child to the airport and leave them at the check-in counter at the airport. In addition, they need to be at the airport until the flight of your minor gets departed.
Pick-off: The individual coming to pick up the minor from the destination must have a valid ID card with a picture on it. And they must be listed as an authorized person on the travel documents of the minor. Delta Airlines team first verifies whether the person is the same or not. And then only they will hand over the minor to the same person.
We strive really hard and put all of our efforts here to describe Delta Airlines Minor policy. So that no one will face any kind of issue when they travel with Delta Airlines. Every aspect of this policy is described here in a detailed manner. Apart from this, in need of assistance, call our customer care team or contact us via mail live chat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all Unaccompanied minors are permitted to travel on International flights regulated by Delta Airlines.
Children belonging to the age bar of 8-14 years can only come under this instance:
- Delta connections flights
- KLM flights
- Air France Flights
All children between the ages of 15 and 17 have the right to travel on a flight alone with Delta Airlines. On the other hand, they can also make their booking as unaccompanied minors to travel like them only.
Any minor who is traveling with Delta Airlines should carry the documents:
- An Identification card with a photo in it should be attached to their baggage or a jacket.
- A small carry-on suitcase and checked baggage.
- Snacks, books, games, or any other kind of entertainment stuff.
To ensure there shouldn’t be any technical glitches or flaws in paperwork, you should make the booking of the unaccompanied minor at least 1 day before. It ensures you with the fact that you have time if any kind of flaw emerges.