Understanding the Rules & Regulations of Frontier Airlines Pet Policy
We love our pets. They are no longer pets; in fact, they are our family members. So, it is very hard to leave them behind whenever we are about to go for a long period. Well, don’t you worry anymore. The Frontier Airlines Pet Policy has allowed passengers to travel with their pets on a flight without any issue. However, there are some rules and regulations that you must follow to fly peacefully. For starters, your pet carrier must be big enough to stay inside comfortably. Remember, your pet must be able to move, sleep, and sit inside the carrier, and the carrier must fit under the seat in front of you.
Now, let’s look at the terms and conditions of Frontier Pet Policy.
Terms & Conditions of the Frontier Airlines Pet Travel Policy
- According to Frontier Airlines, when flying with pets, the passengers are allowed to bring small pets such as Dog, Rabbits and guinea pigs. You can only bring these as cabin pets on Frontier Airlines.
- Remember, your Pet must be at least eight weeks old to travel with you on the same plane.
- Per the policy, your pet carrier must fit under the seat in front of you.
- Remember to check out the pet carrier sizes before boarding your flight.
- A single passenger can bring at least six pets on each flight. Ensure to inform the airline beforehand to avoid any issues at check-in.
- Thereby, all the pets must always be in their carrier, and if your pet carrier is too big to fit under your seat, you can transport your dog via the cargo section.
- As we have said, the Pet must travel comfortably in their carrier.
What Documents Required to Bring your Pet to Travel in the Cabin?
It is safe to travel with proper planning, which requires you to travel with complete documents such as Health Certificate
- Your Pet’s vaccination records.
- Confirmation number of your reservation.
- Proper identification of your Pet.
- Any additional documents you may require, such as a travel permit or a letter written by your vet.
How Much Do you Need to Pay For your Pets?
Per the Frontier Airlines Flight Pet Policy, passengers must pay a certain amount if they want to travel with their pets in the cabin. For starters, the pet fee may start from 99 dollars, and it can differ due to your fare type, ticket, and departure destination. In this case, if you want proper information, then you must contact Frontier Airlines and inquire about the fee criteria.
However, as a military official, you can bring your pet for free with additional benefits. And the same thing applies to service animals, too. Passengers who are physically challenged can bring service animals for emotional support. Usually, most airlines do not charge a single penny for service animals, and passengers can bring as many pets as they want for emotional support.
How Can you Add your Pet to Frontier Flight Reservation?
There are certain steps that you must follow to add your pet to the reservation, such as:-
1. Check Your Reservation Using an Online Method
- This method requires the passengers to go to the main website of Frontier Airlines.
- From there, click the My Trip option and choose the reservation if you wish to add your Pet.
- However, you can add your details or edit passenger options.
- Next, go to the Edit Pets option and then add a Pet button.
- Enter your required information for your pet, which involves filling out your name, breed, and size.
- Lastly, pay the necessary fees, which depend on the size of your pet and the length of your flight.
2. Contact the Customer Service For adding your Pet’s Reservation
- As per the Frontier Airlines pet Policy, passengers can add their pet reservations by simply calling the airlines on their official number. Here’s what you would have to follow:-
- Start by calling the airline on their official number. However, there are several ways by which one can get in touch with the airline, such as phone number, email and live chat options.
- Afterwards, you can then enter your details, such as your reservation details, including your flight number, departure date as well as,, passenger name.
- Next, you can ask the customer service agent to add a pet reservation for yourself. The airline executive will ask you for information about the requirements as well as the fees associated with the travelling pet on the Frontier airlines.
- Then, the airline will ask the passengers and customer service representatives about their pet, such as the pet’s breed, size, and weight.
- Also, do not forget to keep your other documentation such as certificate, and other stuff handy during the trip for a smooth check-in procedure.
- In the end, make sure that your pet was added to your reservation and ask the airline to send a confirmation email.
Frontier Pet Policy For Service & Emotional Support Animal
The trained service animals can fly directly in the cabin and on all the Frontier routes. Unlike many airlines, the Frontier airlines only allow passengers to bring only cats and dogs on board as emotional support animals. All the animals must fly in their pet carrier and it should fit right under the seat or in the seat in front of you. A passenger can only bring one pet/each passenger. If you are one of those passengers who are flying with your Dog on Frontier Airlines, you must know that your pet must be well-trained to behave properly around other passengers.
Per the Frontier Airlines Pet Policy, passengers travelling with their pets must sign an acknowledgement form. This form needs to be submitted at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure by the owners of the service animals.
solved now. With the help of a Frontier Airlines pet policy, passengers can bring their pets with them on board. However, passengers are permitted to bring any pet on board. The thing is that the pets need to be carried in their pet kennel which must fit right under their seat or seat in front of them. As per the Frontier pet policy, the airline has prohibited the larger dogs due to their size issues as they cannot fit right under the seat. It is advised to go over the rule book to figure out what are the do & don’ts of bringing your pet on board with you. For more such queries, do not forget to visit our official website or get in touch with us using our live chat facility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Yes, the Frontier airlines allows its passengers to bring pets on board with them. Here’s how it goes; first of all you would have to go to the official website of the Frontier airlines, mobile application or by getting in touch with the airline over a call.
Ans. As per the Frontier airlines pet policy, the passengers needs to pay a certain amount for bringing their pets on board with them. Usually, it going to cost them around $99 for each way. Remember, one thing your pet must be able to fit under the seat in front of them.
Ans. The procedure is simple, and all you have to do is go to the check-in lane and check-in for you and your pet as well. Maybe, you would have to pay for your pet’s reservation information and all the necessary documentation that it may require. Once you have submitted all the documents such as your reservation number, vaccination certificate etc.
Ans. If you are planning to bring your pet on board, then you must fulfil the below-listed requirements such as;-
A Pet carrier
You can also carry domesticated dogs as well as cats and it must be at least 8 weeks or older.
Apart from this, you need a rabies vaccination certificate & mental health declaration by simply authorized veterinarian along with their signature as well as the license number.
Ans. As per the Frontier Airlines Pet Policy, all the flights departing from US as well as international flights to and from Dominican Republic & mexico allows pets in the cabin as well. Apart from dogs, cats and rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and small household birds are permitted in the cabin as well.