Spirit Airlines Check-in: Everything You Need to Know
Running late to reach the airport for the check-in process? Do you not have access to your laptop at the moment? Well, there is nothing to sweat about. Spirit Airlines’ check-in process is available in quite a few ways for its passenger. This is what we are going to talk about.
Initially known as Charter One Airlines, the airline commenced its operations in 1990. With its fantabulous services, Spirit Airlines created an excellent image in the market. Today, you can fly to around 83 locations, national and international, with the airline.
It is not uncommon for people to arrive at the airport late and miss the check-in process. To avoid this issue, airlines have now taken the initiative to make this procedure available via different modes.
You can now be at your home or on the way to the airport and get your boarding pass on your phone. Wondering how? Well, this write-up will clear all your doubts and introduce you to all the possibilities that you get with Spirit.
Various Ways For Spirit Airlines Check-in
With Spirit Airlines, a passenger gets maximum benefits. You can check-in with in the following methods:
- From the mobile application
- Through online website
- By visiting the airport check-in counter
- Contactless procedure from the airport kiosk
From the Mobile Application
For people who like to get things done quickly and efficiently, Spirit Airlines mobile application is the perfect fit for you. You can get it from the App Store on your Android as well as your Apple device.
- Firstly, go to the Play/App Store and look for Spirit’s application.
- Wait for a few minutes after you hit the “Download” button.
- Once you have the application on your phone, run it by tapping on the icon.
- Thereafter, you need to put in your airline account ID and password to log in.
- Now, from the top left corner, click on Options (three vertical lines), and a list of items will scroll down before you.
- Furthermore, go to Check-In, and you will see all your reservations on your screen.
- Tap on the Check-in button beside your flight, and you will have your boarding pass on your screen.
- Lastly, download the file and keep it safe on your phone as you will need it at the airport.
A passenger can use the mobile application to check into his flight anytime between 24 hours to 60 minutes before the flight departure time.
Through Online Website
The online procedure of Spirit Airlines check-in is almost as same as the mobile application one. Here is how one can use the website:
- First, kick start the procedure by heading to Spirit’s site on your web browser.
- Thereafter, from the main screen of the website, click on the My Trips option. You can find it in the top left corner of the window.
- After that, you will find two boxes with a couple of empty fields. You can choose to enter your information in any one of these.
- The first one requires your login credentials. However, if you do not remember them, move to the second box and fill in your Last Name and the Confirmation Code of your particular reservation.
- On the following tab, the airline will display your flight ticket details.
- Here, locate the Check-in button and hit that. The airline will take a minute to prepare your boarding pass.
- Lastly, when you have it on your screen, save it and present it at the boarding gate.
- If you are traveling domestically, then you must have your boarding pass with you at least 45 minutes before the departure time.
- For international journeys, you need to be 60 minutes early with your pass.
Visiting Airport Check-in Counter
The old classic way of checking in from the airport desk works fine too. You can reach the airport a couple of hours before the take-off time. An executive at the counter will assist you with the process. Remember to carry the following for airport check-in:
- Photo Identity (ID)
- Driver’s License
- Photo Credit Card
- Other Travel Documents
- A passenger must be at the airport 2 hours early for domestic traveling.
- For international flights, get to the airport 3 hours before the departure of your flight.
Contactless Procedure From The Airport Kiosk
One last way for flyers to get their boarding pass with a contactless procedure is from the airport kiosks. These machines are set up at every airport so that a passenger can check in and print his boarding pass without any assistance. You will need your travel documents here.
Just put in your travel details in the field available on the screen, check in and get the hard copy.
The timings for Spirit Airlines check-in from airport kiosks are the same as the airport counter procedure.
You should have your pass 45 minutes before the take-off of domestic flights and 60 minutes for the international ones.
Spirit Airlines is a major US airline. With its comfortable and affordable travel plans, people love to board its flight. Here we have provided you with the many ones a Spirit flyer can check into his flight and get the boarding pass.
In case you need some assistance or want to know anything about the other airline policies, contact Tours and Travel Pro. We will be happy to provide you with our services.