Get to Know Air Canada Flight Change Policy
It is quite often when people change their plans. They make all their bookings, and then face huge loss on cancellations and getting new ones. It is high time that you have made uninformed decision. Only if you knew about the Air Canada airlines flight change policy of your airline, you would have saved so much from your budget.
Air Canada is Canada’s largest flag carrier airline, that has been in existence since 1937. For good 23 years, people knew this government-owned airline as Trans-Canada Air Lines. Ir was later in 1965, when it got renamed as Air Canada and soon in 1988 got privatised. Today, people of the country loves the comfort and luxury that they get while flying in and around 200+ locations.
There can be situations when people may need to change their flight due to some family emergency and professional reasons too. However, if you want to change your flight, then you must know about Air Canada flight change policy.
If you made your bookings with it and now need to change your flight, it is no big deal. In fact, there is a chance that you might only have to pay the flight fare difference (if any).
Read this post till the end to know every single detail on Air Canada flight change.
Air Canada Flight Change Policy
Air Canada flyers have the privilege of making alterations to their flight selection whenever they need. However, in order to ensure 100% transparency, the airline has a flight change policy. This piece of documents holds all the information, terms and conditions that person must know before they go ahead with the process.
Air Canada Flight Change Rules
- The airline does not charge any penalty on this service if the passengers does it within the 24 hour risk-free bracket. Note that this bracket is only for the bookings that are done at least a week prior to the departure date.
- You can also edit your reservations for free, if you have one of the following fare type:
- Latitude Fare (Up to 2 hours prior to the departure)
- Comfort Fare (60 days or more before the take-off date)
- Premium Economy Flexible Fares (Up to 2 hours prior to the departure)
- Business Class Flexible Fares (Up to 2 hours prior to the departure)
- Note that Air Canada does not allow any change to its Basic Economy flight tickets.
Air Canada Flight Change Fee Policy
Here is a table for you that include the change fee that Air Canada applies to its flights:
|Class Type||Fare Type|
Time of Change
Same Day Flight Change To
This table is your ultimate guide to known how much can the airline can charge you under specific circumstances.
Air Canada Flights Fare Difference
In addition to the above penalty, the passenger also need to pay the difference between the flight fare of the two flights. Now, if the new flight costs more, then you can use points or money to pay the balance. However, if the new flight is cheaper, then Air Canada will credit the balance either to your original mode of payment or as points to your airline account. You can choose the one that fits your plans and budget.
How to Change Air Canada Flights Using Different Methods?
In order to alter your existing Air Canada Bookings, you can either contact the airline physically at the airport or over a call.
Additionally, you can also do it yourself, from the airline’s official site.
- Firstly, head to the homepage of Air Canada official website.
- Thereafter, scroll down a little and click on the Air Canada manage flight “My Bookings” option.
- Next, enter your booking Reference or the Ticket Number in the first field and Your Last Name in the second.
- Hit the Find button and your reservation details will appear before you on the subsequent page.
- This is where, you will find the Change Flight option. Select the same and you will get the list of other available flights for your travel plans.
- The airline will display the difference in the flight fare right in front of each flight. This way you can know if you have to pay anything.
- Thereafter, select the one that suits you and move to the payment page and clear the sum (if any).
Change Your Flight Via Contacting the Airline
In this method, you can change your flights by contacting Air Canada airlines flight customer service number. All you have to do is contacting the airline and then address the issue to the customer care agent. And, you are done.
However, the passengers can dial the 1-888-247-2262 to address your issue. The best thing is that the customer care agents are available 24*7.
In case, if you want to register any complaint and know more about any policy then you can dial the above-mentioned number.
Use Mobile Application to Change Your Flights
The Air Canada Airline has an application which you can download from app store or play store. However, once you are done with the installation, make sure to follow these steps:-
- Launch the Air Canada Flight application.
- As soon as you are done, then you can navigate to the Manage Booking button.
- Lastly, to go further, you can follow the same steps as given in the online method.
Air Canada Change Flight Refund Policy
Plan changes and sometimes things does not go as we planned. In some cases, we need to change our flight dates. When you change your flight dates, you may be eligible for a full refund if you play by the rules. The rules are quite simple. If you happen to have a refundable ticket and you have changed your ticket within 24 hours of your reservation, then you can get full refund. But, if you have a non-refundable ticket, then the things might not be the same for you.
Changing plans are quite common and sometimes you may want change your flight due to some reasons. It can be a sudden death of a family member or some professional reasons. Whatever the case maybe, it is important that you know about the Air Canada Flight Change Policy. To know more, you can visit the official website of Air Canada Airlines or call us anytime anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The passengers can change their flight by simply visiting the official website of Air Canada. If this method is not suitable for you then you can use some other methods, which we have listed above in the guide.
Ans. According to the Air Canada Free Change Policy, the passengers can only change their flight only once. And, if they want to change it more than one time, then they have to pay additional fees.
Ans. No, you cannot transfer your tickets whether its refundable or non-refundable.