An Ultimate Guide on JetBlue Flight Change Policy
It is very human of you if you made expensive hotel and flight bookings and now have to cancel and rebook them before some work emergency. We all have done it at least once, and we also know a person who is responsible for it mostly. But what if we tell you that you can change your flight tickets instead of canceling and purchasing a whole new one? That’s right.
JetBlue Airlines has been one of the people most favorite travel service providers since 1998. It has been proffering travel experiences like no one else. Hundreds of thousands of people board its flight and travel to more than a hundred international as well as domestic locations every day.
With that big of a customer base, the airline ensures that it provides everything that a traveler might need. This is exactly why there exists JetBlue Flight Change Policy.
JetBlue Flight Change Policy
JetBlue Airways recognizes the needs of its flyers and operates in its favor. This is why it came up with a set of terms and conditions that the airline follows whenever someone makes an adjustment in their existing reservation.
This is what the policy states:
- To avail of a free JetBlue flight change, a passenger must make the changes on the same day of purchasing the ticket. Also, this is only possible on the booking that is made prior to the last seven days of departure date.
- However, the airline does not provide any money back on the cancellation of the reservations that you once alter.
- If a person contacts the airline over a call and seeks expert assistance for this process, the airline charges a $25 non-refundable service charge.
- Any last-minute changes to a non-refundable ticket will result in a complete forfeit of the flight fare. Therefore, one must make the alterations before the departure.
- The airline also charges a cancellation fee, depending on the flight fare, distance, and other factors. It is as follows:
- Alterations on flights within the US, Caribbean, and Central America: USD 100
- Changes to flights on other routes: USD 200
- Flight difference, if the new flight fare is more
- Same Day Flight Change: USD 75 (Exception: Mosaic fare and Blue Extra members)
Different Changes One Can Make to their JetBlue Reservations
Now that you have clarity on the flight change policy of JetBlue let us take you through the various changes it allows.
- Flight Change/Upgrade
- Name Alterations
- Seat Change
JetBlue Flight Change/Upgrade
If you need to change your entire flight and grab a seat on the new one, here is the online procedure for the same:
- First of all, you need to access the official website of the airline on your running browser.
- When you land on the home window of the same, you need to look for the Manage Trips option. You will find it on the menu bar.
- After you click on that tab, you will have to put in your booking information in the space provided. Make sure you have your booking confirmation code and the last name on your ticket handy.
- Thereafter, hit the Continue button, and you will locate your flight details in the following window.
- Next, click on the three vertical dots to open the list of options available.
- Here, hit the one that reads flight change/upgrade, and the airline will present all its available flights before you.
- Move forward with the one that you want to switch your current booking with. Remember to check the fare difference that will be present in front of each flight instead of its actual fare.
- Now, if your new reservation costs more, you will need to pay the difference. In a vice versa situation, the airline will transfer the difference to your airline wallet. You can optimize them for your future bookings.
There is a possibility that you must have misspelled your name while buying the ticket. Since the airline only lets you board a flight if your information matches your personal ID, it needs to be correct. With JetBlue, you can edit up to 3 characters in your name. For further information on the same, you can check out JetBlue Name Change Policy.
JetBlue Seat Change
JetBlue Airways lets its customers make a seat selection in advance. However, it is not a free service, but it does have its own perks. This way, you can assure that you do not get the middle seat with minimal leg space.
In case you have taken advantage of this service already but now regret your selection; you can edit that too. You can avail of this service at the time of booking, at the time of check-in, and even at the airport before boarding (for free).
In case you need any more information on this policy or need help in going ahead with the process, the team of experts at Tours and Travel Pro is just a call away!