Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy
The Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy has waived the flight change fee for passengers with the Main cabin fare or any upper travel class. Flight changes with Hawaiian Airlines can be requested for any route within the Hawaiian Airlines network. While basic economy tickets are not eligible to request a flight change, any basic ticket booked with COVID-19 travel waivers is changeable until the waiver expires.
While the flight changes have been eliminated for Hawaiian Airlines, fare differences still need to be paid by the passengers in case the new flight has a higher fare than the original booking. The deadline to make flight changes is one hour before the flight’s scheduled departure without the check-in. In the case of check-in, there is no option for a flight change.
Guidelines for the flight changes are somewhat different for the ticket with COVID-19 travel waivers, which has also been discussed below. Here, we have listed all the information as part of the Alaska Airlines change flight policy, which you can refer to to learn how to make changes to Hawaiian flight tickets.
What is the Hawaiian Flight Change Policy
Following are some of the basic mandates that you need to know if you wish to make changes to your Hawaiian Flight Ticket:
- There is no flight change fee for passengers who wish to make changes to their flight.
- Eligible travel class to request flight changes include the main cabin or any upper travel class.
- Tickets purchased through travel miles or any award tickets can also be requested for flight changes without any applicable fee.
- Different modes to request flight change to Hawaiian Airlines include the official website, airport counter, or the Hawaiian Airlines helpline number. The reservation team of the airlines can be contacted through any of these, and your request can be completed.
- Flight changes are also acceptable from a ticket purchased from a third party for which they need to contact the one who has booked their flight journey.
- Basic tickets can also qualify for a flight change fee waiver in case of a medical emergency for which they need to fill out a Medical Waiver Request Form. While the flight change fee
- needed to be paid during the request, the same will be refunded if the medical waiver has been approved by the airlines.
- While the flight change fee has also been eliminated for the members of the frequent flyer program, the airlines offer them extra privileges through the facility free same-day standby changes.
Points to be Noted About the Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy
As we have said earlier, there are a few Hawaiian Flight change rules and regulations that you must follow before changing your Flight;-
- If you have a main cabin or first-class ticket, then you will not need to pay any additional fees.
- However, if somehow you were planning to fly with Hawaiian Miles points, then you do not have to pay any type of fee.
- As for those passengers who have to change their Flight and plans all of a sudden, they can change their Flight at least one hour before their confirmed departure time.
- But, if you are looking forward to changing your ticket within the given time period, then you can do so without paying any additional fee.
Now that we have discussed the main points about the Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy. Have you ever had to change your Flight to the exact same day as your departure? Well, if that’s the case, then it requires you to have to follow a whole new set of rules that comes under Hawaiian Airlines’ same-day flight change policy.
Hawaiian Airlines Same-Day Flight Change Policy
There are many instances where you have to change your Hawaiian Flight on the exact same day as your scheduled departure. If you want to make changes to your Flight due to some personal or professional reasons at the last moment, then be prepared to change it exactly an hour ago from your departure time. Cause if you fail to do so, then you have to pay an additional fee charged by the airline.
Make sure to choose the same country where you are supposed to travel before. But, if you decide to change your Flight after checking in, then you cannot move forward with the flight change procedure. One more thing that you know is that you may have to pay the difference if your new Flight is more expensive than the previous one.
Hawaiian Flight 24-Hour Change Policy
Every airline wants to make its passengers feel at bay while traveling with them. However, as we have said earlier, the airline allows its passengers to make modifications to their tickets within 24 hours of their reservation. According to the flight change policy, if the passenger is able to change their Flight within 24 hours of their purchase, then they do not have to pay any fee. But, if they fail to do so, then they have to pay a certain amount to the airline.
Basically, if the passengers happen to have promotional or discounted tickets, then they won’t be able to make use of the flight change 24-hour Policy.
Now, things come down to one thing, which is how you can change your Flight. Well, in easy words, there are many methods that you can use, and we will explain those ones by one in the upcoming section.
What Are the Methods For Hawaiian Change Flight?
Talking about the methods there are many methods that you can use for changing your Flight. Without wasting any more time, let’s get back to it:-
1. Change Your Flight Via Hawaiian Airlines Official Website
You must have heard about this method or may have seen one of your friends using these techniques. Check out these below-listed steps:-
- First of all, go to the official website of Hawaiian Airlines.
- Then, you can navigate to the Hawaiian Manage flight option.
- Go to the My Trips option and complete your procedure by entering all the personal information, such as your last name, confirmation number, as well as ticket number.
- Next, choose the change flight option and then select the tickets that you wish to change.
- As soon as you are with that, tap on the search tab to look for the latest flights after changing your routes and travel dates.
- Navigate to the travel itinerary and click on the Continue option.
- Apart from this, you can click on the Book this trip option, and you will be done in just a couple of minutes.
- In the end, the airline will send you a confirmation message on your registered email id.
2. Change Your Flight Via Mobile Application
As per the Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policies, there are other ways by which one can change their Flight through the official mobile application. Here is the complete procedure to do it:-
- To start, Install & Launch the application on your device.
- Once you are done with this, type down your credentials and log in to your account.
- Then, you can visit the My Trip option and then click on the change flight option.
- Search for the latest Hawaiian Flight.
- As soon as you are done with that, then you can end the procedure by paying for the amount.
3. Hawaiian Flight Change Via Calling the Airline
Now, this method requires you to call the airline directly. You can find the number on the airline’s official website. And as soon as you find the number, here’s what you have to do with it;-
- First of all, you have to call the Hawaiian Airlines flight customer service number.
- As soon as your call is through, you will hear a robot voice telling you the directions.
- Make sure you follow all the on-screen steps and click the right keys as the voice says.
- Your call will be connected with the customer service agent that works at Hawaiian Airlines.
- Next, you can enter your booking details, such as your last name, ticket fare, and ticket number, with the customer care agent.
- You can address your issue with the agent and request a flight change.
- Make sure to choose the Flight which is suitable for you.
- Lastly, pay for your latest Flight if there’s any fare difference using the same payment method that you have used previously.
4. Change Flight at the Ticket Counter
This method will be perfect for those who have to change their ticket all of a sudden. The only option left would be to visit the airport ticket counter and ask them to either cancel or reschedule your ticket. For this, they may ask you for some of your personal details. Make sure to follow the steps mentioned down below:-
- First of all, go to the ticket counter and address your issue with them. Explain why you want to change your Flight.
- Once you are done with that, they will ask you about the booking number, fare type, and departure destination.
- They will ask you for a minute to verify the details. As soon as they are done, you will then be notified about your latest Flight.
- Now, you can choose your flight depending on your schedule.
- You must pay for any fare difference by using the same procedure that you have used for the previous method.
5. Change Your Hawaiian Flight Via Live Agent
In this scenario, the passengers can change their Flight by talking to the Hawaiian Airlines agent. You can start by calling the airline on their official number and address your issues with them. But keep in mind that the agent may or may not pick up your call on weekends. Don’t sweat; we have an alternative solution for this issue. There is a number that you can dial from anywhere, and it will connect you to the Hawaiian Flight live agents.
As soon as your call is connected, explain why you want to change or reschedule your Flight. In the response, they will ask for some personal information, and once they verify it, your issue will be resolved.
Can I Change My Award Tickets?
If you are someone who happens to have award tickets, then there are certain steps that need to be followed. Here is how it goes:-
- Start by navigating to the official website of Hawaiian Airlines.
- You can start the process by logging into the Mileage Plan account.
- Go to the My Trip option and choose the Flight that you wish to change.
- From the home screen menu, select the Free flight option that you can find.
- Check to see if the flights that you have meets your standards or not.
- Lastly, pay for any fare difference according to your destination, ticket, and class.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Fee
Flight Change Fees
Hawaiian international flights
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Refund Policy
Sometimes changing a flight is not enough, and you have to cancel your plans altogether. In this case, you can ask for a full refund from Hawaiian Airlines. However, if the airline does not have any backup flights on that particular day or they cannot put in any flight because there are no seats available, then in that case, you are eligible for a refund.
Cause if you happen to book a new flight and it has low fare than your original ticket, then you can make use of the Hawaiian 24-hour policy rule. Hawaiian Airlines will provide a full refund in this situation in the next seven working days.
Hawaiian Flight Policy in Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation
Scheduled changes or delays might be made by the airlines in the case of unpredictable events that are within their control. Common events include:
Misconnections of the flights
In the case of a connecting flight where the passengers is unable to reach the connecting point, particularly due to the reason that the delivery carrier is unable to do so. In that case, the airlines will make the arrangements to transport to the connection point without a stopover. In case they are unable to send you to the connection point on time, then further arrangements will be made for the passenger to reach the destination. No additional cost will be imposed on the passenger in this situation. In case the airline is unable to make the arrangements, then passengers are entitled to a full refund.
Force Majeure Event
The situation that comes under this definition includes conditions beyond the control of the airlines like acts of god, riots, terrorist activities, disturbances, unsettled international conditions, or other conditions, including meteorological or geographical conditions. Other events include worker strikes, government laws or other regulations, damage to aircraft, or any emergency. Under these circumstances, the airlines hold the right to cancel, terminate, divert, or even postpone without any prior notice to the airlines. Arrangements can be made by the airlines to re-accommodate you another aircraft which if not possible will provide you the refind in the form of travel credits that can be used by you within one year of issue.
These include scheduled delays and flight cancellations. These irregularities might lead to interruptions in the scheduled operations. In such a situation, depending on the extent of the delay, complimentary services are offered, and in case of cancellation, further arrangements are made by the airlines.
Complimentary services which will be offered in case of a delay of more than 3 hours include free food, meals, accommodation, and free ground transportation.
Making it Short and Simple
Hawaiian Airlines has eliminated the flight change fee for mainly all travel, with the exception of basic economy, which is not eligible to request the same. Passengers, in case of plan changes, are advised to connect with the reservation center, where they can easily connect with a live person. In case of a scheduled delay, passengers are rebooked to the next available flight with no additional cost and other complimentary services. For further details, contact us at +1-844-402-8105.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The cost to change the flight depends on various aspects, such as tickets, regions, and class. However, the fee can start from $50 to $300, depending on your ticket type.
Ans. If you are planning to change your flight, then you can do so over the call. According to the Hawaiian Flight Change Policy, you can call the Hawaiian Airline’s official number and explain your issue to them. They will resolve your issue in just a few minutes.
Ans. According to the Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policies, you can change your flight within 24 hours of your reservation. Any updates made after that will be initiated in pay.
The Hawaiian Airlines does not charge any fee for the flight changes. Passengers with a main cabin or upper-class ticket can request the flight change deadline, which is up to 1 hour prior to the flight's scheduled departure.
Passengers having tickets booked through a travel agency will be notified regarding the scheduled changes from the ticketing source. In that case, changes must be accepted by the passengers, and they have to notify the airlines within 14 days of advice or prior to the departure.
Passengers having any queries with their Hawaiian ticket can dial the number +1-844-402-8105, through which they can easily connect with the live person.