Get Insights On Southwest Airlines Flight Change Policy
Southwest Airlines is one of the best airlines in the business. And, sometimes passengers may have to change their flight due to some emergency. It does not matter why you have to change your flight, but what matter is how you can make changes to it. Hence, there are many methods that you can use to make modifications in your flight. In this case, you only have one thing left you can do. Go to the airport counter and ask the airline agent to change or reschedule your flight. But, before you do that, ensure you know everything about the Southwest Airlines flight change policy.
Southwest Airlines Flight Change Rules
- According to the Southwest Airlines flight change policies, passengers must change their flight at least 10 minutes before their scheduled departure. Cause, If you fail to do so, you will not get any forfeited refund.
- Ensure to keep a for any opening if the next flight has no bookings. The airline will hook you up to an alternative flight. That is why you are advised to plan your desired rescheduled flight to get the best out of the Southwest flight change policy.
- As per the Southwest change flight policy, you can change your flight from anywhere.
How Can I Change My Southwest Airlines Flight?
Well, this is the question that you must find answers to. Well, there are many ways by which one can change their Southwest Airlines flight. According to the statics, there are many ways by which one can change their flight. Here’s how it goes:-
1. Flight Change Using Online Method
This has to be one of the best and easiest methods. For this, you can go to the official website of the airline and follow on-screen from then, such as;-
- First, navigate to your official website and go to the home menu.
- Select the Southwest to manage flight option to proceed ahead.
- Next, choose the change flight or cancel flight option.
- You can enter your details, such as your last name, ticket, and confirmation number, as soon as you choose these options.
- Afterward, once the airline changes their flight, the passengers can search for an alternative flight.
- Lastly, always compare the prices. If your latest flight is much cheaper than the last one, you are eligible for a refund.
2. Change Your Flight Via Mobile Application
The first method is the easiest but have you tried changing your flight using the Mobile application? It is equally easy as the first one. Follow these steps to find out more about it;-
- The first step starts with downloading the mobile application.
- You can find the application on the play store or app store.
- Enter details such as your ticket number, last name, and all the other necessary details.
- Next, choose whichever flight you want to choose as your alternative flight.
- As soon as you finish this, you can proceed with the payments, and you are done.
3. Flight Change Using Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
Have you ever heard about the Companion Pass? Well, in this case, if you are traveling with your spouse, friends, or family, change their flight first according to the Southwest Airlines flight change policy.
The steps are very simple; you only have to cancel your friend’s flight first. But there’s a catch. The catch is you have to cancel your friend’s flight using a different booking number, and then you can do your flight chance. Once you finish that, remember to add your friend’s reservation number. And, you are done.
4. Use Southwest Airlines Flight Customer Service Number
If you like to hear the confirmation and need to trust what’s on the screen, this method is just for you. In this method, all you have to do is call on the Southwest tickets on their official number. Check out these steps:-
- Call Southwest Airlines on their official number. Dial the number and wait for your call to get connected.
- Press any number the AI voice tells you to change your reservation.
- Besides that, you will also get the live chat option to address your issue. Remember that you can only access the live chat option if you have installed the Southwest Airlines official mobile application.
Southwest Airlines Flight Change Fee
Everything depends on what type of ticket you have bought. So, look for what ticket you have before changing your flight with Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy.
- You are eligible for a refund if you have a business select ticket. But you can only do that two hours before your confirmed departure. Do it on time. Otherwise, you can say goodbye to your refund.
- Apart from this, if you want to get away tickets, you are not entitled to a refund. Cause they want to get away, tickets are non-refundable. Like the business select ticket, you can change your ticket within 2 hours before departure.
- In the end, comes the Anywhere ticket, which is again refundable. However, if you change your ticket, then you can change your ticket just 10 minutes before your departure to get a full refund.
Southwest Airlines Change Flight Fees
There are no charges for domestic flights as well as Southwest International flights. So, if you have to change your flight for any reason, you can do so without paying any money. But that’s not all. You may have to pay a certain fare difference if you change your departure destination. No fare will be charged if there’s a sudden death in the family or any other emergency.
Southwest Airlines Same Day Flight Change Policy
According to this policy, you can change your flight to the same day as your departure. And, for this, you are not required to pay any fare difference or fees. But modify your flight within two hours before your scheduled departure.
You can contact Southwest Airlines to change your flight at the airport counter. You must know you cannot change Southwest Airlines international flight after two hours.
Southwest Airlines Flight Change 24 Hours Policy
According to the flight change policy, passengers can change their flight within 24 hours of their scheduled departure. Southwest Airlines does not charge any fee if you change it within 24 hours. If you are eligible for a refund, you can fill out a form. The refund will be credited to your account in the same method you used for your Southwest flight confirmation.
Changes are not always permanent. Sometimes you have to make decisions due to some personal or professional commitments. If you are someone who wants to change their flight due to some emergency, then you can do so via Southwest airline flight change policy. The Southwest Airline flight policy is straightforward; you can do it in minutes if you follow the right steps. However, if you want to know more about flight booking, ticket, and flight policy, you can visit our official website or contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. No, Southwest Airlines does not charge change fees for modifying flight bookings. Passengers can make changes to their flights without incurring any additional fees.
Ans. Yes, Southwest Airlines provides an online platform where passengers can easily change their flight bookings. Passengers can access their booking details and initiate flight changes by logging into their Southwest Airlines account on the official website or using the mobile app.
Ans. Passengers can change their Southwest flights 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time. However, changes made after the departure time will result in a forfeiture of the fare.
Ans. If the new flight is more expensive than the original one, passengers must pay the fare difference. Southwest Airlines will provide the passenger with the updated fare information before finalizing the change.
Ans. If the new flight is cheaper, passengers will receive a credit for future travel through "Travel Funds." These Travel Funds can be used towards a future Southwest flight booking.
Ans. Yes, Southwest Airlines allows passengers to change their flights at the airport counter. If you prefer face-to-face interaction or find yourself at the airport, you can visit the Southwest Airlines counter and speak with an agent for assistance.
Ans. Yes, Southwest Airlines allows changes to be made to individual travelers within a group booking. However, specific guidelines and restrictions may apply, and it is recommended to review Southwest's group booking policy or contact their Group Travel department for assistance.
Ans. Southwest Airlines' change policy includes canceling flights without incurring any cancellation fees. Passengers can receive a credit for future travel, known as Travel Funds, for a future Southwest flight booking.