All You Need to Know About United Airlines Flight Change Policy
Life does not play fair by any means. Sometimes it throws you under the bus and makes you do things you have not thought of. Changing things or having to change things at the last moment is the worst feeling, especially when you have everything under control. It’s the same type of way that you feel when you have to change your United Airlines flight. To understand this concept properly, you must know about United Airlines Flight Change Policy.
United Airlines will update you about your latest flight when they find one. But, keep this in mind if you have a connecting flight, it is advised that you apply for standby for each of your flights. Hence, there are many rules and regulations that you must be aware of before changing your flight. Let’s begin;-
Guidelines of United Airlines Flight Policy
- Do you know that United Airlines allows passengers to change their tickets within 24 hours of purchasing? If you decide to change your flight after 24 hours, it will cost you around $200 to change your flight date and flight time.
- The Passengers can make desired modifications to their tickets regardless of what tickets they hold; Refundable or Non-refundable as per United Airlines Change Policy.
- Besides, if you book a more expensive ticket than your previous one, you have to pay for the fare difference.
- Want to know another thing? Well, the thing is, you have to pay in both cases. If you decide to book a less expensive ticket than your previous one, you will still be held chargeable if you book it within 24 hours.
You can follow some steps to make changes to your flight. Here goes:-
- First of all, you have to login into your account, And once you are done with that, you can click on the “Manage My Booking” option from the “My Trips” menu option.
- Now, you can choose the Make a Change option to change your United Airlines flight.
How can you change your United Airlines ticket? Well, there are multiple ways by which you can change your flight ticket.
What is the Procedure for Changing a United Airlines Flight?
There are many methods by which one can easily change their United Airlines Flight. To do so, you only have to follow what we say and are all set.
1. Change Your Flight Via Online Procedure
According to the United Airlines Flight Policy, all passengers are required to follow the below-listed steps:-
- To begin, you have to start by navigating to the main website of United Airlines and login into your account. Next, you can click on the My Trips option.
- After clicking on the My Trips option, you can go to the Manage option and click on the Edit option to edit any reservation you want.
- Once you are done with that, choose the change flight option and select the new flight time and date from the given options.
- Now, you can choose the “Continue” option and save your changes by clicking the Submit option.
However, once you have submitted your request online, you will be updated about your process in the next 24 hours.
2. Using Mobile Application to Change Flight
Here, you have to follow the steps mentioned down below:-
- You can download your official mobile application from the Play Store or App Store.
- Next, you can click on the option My Trip to begin this procedure.
- Once you finish that, you can find the option to change your flight and select it.
- However, passengers can change their tickets by clicking on the edit option.
- Now, pay your fees by the original payment method you used by booking your tickets according to the United Airlines Flights Change Policy.
- Lastly, the airline will notify you via SMS or Email.
3. Call Airport Representatives to Change United Flight
Suppose you are someone who does not trust what’s on the internet and would only sit once you have heard by yourself. Then, we have the perfect method for you. Here, you can try out this method. Contacting United Airlines will be the perfect option for you, and you can ask them to change you by calling customer service.
Once your call is connected, you can directly speak with the customer service representative about your issue, and they will guide you step by step to change your flight the easy way. For this, you will need to provide your personal information.
The customer care agent will then ask about other details, such as your ticket number, reference code, etc. Once you have given all the necessary details, you can relax while they do all the work for you.
4. Help Yourself At the Airport Via KIOSK (Self-Service)
There are many airports where you will get the option to move things by your rules. You can directly head to the nearest metro and change your Flight date using the KIOSK service, per United Airlines Flight Change Policy. If you are stuck somewhere, then there will be an agent at the airport to help you out. Or you can head to the ticket counter.
United Airlines Flight Change Fees
As per the United Airlines Flight Change policy, the passengers are required to pay a certain amount to change their flight. United Airlines tends to have a strict policy regarding flight modifications and fees. The fee may differ depending on route, fare class, and many more factors.
For any fare class
Passengers must pay $300
For Refundable Fares
The Travelers are required to pay at least $200 for domestic flights & $300 for international flights.
Domestic Flight will cost around;$125 & $150 for international flights.
United Airlines Basic Economy Flight Change Policy
As we have said earlier, United Airlines tend to have a strict policy regarding flight change policy and fees. But, there’s a slight twist to the story, you cannot change your flight even if you want to.
So, if you want to change your flight due to any personal or professional issue, you must pay a certain amount. Also, the passengers can only make one change per booking, so they must pay an applicable fee. As per Google statics, many airlines in the market charge more than $100 to let its passenger change their flight. Sometimes, changing an international flight can cost you more than $100. If you want to make any changes, you can call United Airlines or visit the nearest airport.
If you really want to change your flight, you have to cancel your ticket, and then you can do it. You may get your refund if you have not purchased your ticket. But, if you purchased your ticket and canceled your reservation due to personal or professional issues, no refund will be available.
However, you can also purchase a new ticket and ensure that it meets all the requirements laid out by United Airlines. By doing so, you can avoid paying the additional fees.
Have you ever heard about the United Airlines Standby Policy?
United Airlines Standby Policy
The United Airlines’ standby policy is quite straightforward. However, if you miss your flight by any chance, you can instead fly on the next accessible flight. Make sure to arrive at the airport at least an hour before your boarding time, and you may have to wait until your seat becomes available.
How Does the Standby Policy Procedure Work?
So, you will be their priority if you have requested a seat. It must have felt good to feel like the priority. However, you can wait in the queue, and you might get a chance to be the first person to board the plane. To fly standby, there must be seats available on the plane; if there are seats, you can fly them. You must follow some guidelines while using the Standby Policy Procedure.
- To check in effortlessly, you can use the Mobile application found on the app and Play stores. Therefore, passengers can check in online 24 hours before departure.
- If you want to get your boarding pass before flying, then there are two options that you can use to get it. You hook it up your way by going to the official website, or you can download the mobile application of United Airlines.
Do you know that there is an eligibility criteria that you need to follow if you want to go on standby? Do not sweat it; we will tell you about the criteria in a minute.
- To travel standby, you must be a United Mileage scheme member. By becoming a member, you will get more benefits.
- The next big thing to easily travel on standby is submitting all the necessary documents at the check-in counter.
- However, the number one rule to travel standby, you must get to the airport on time before your departure time.
- You must know that you are traveling in someone else’s seat who cancels his ticket for any reason. And, if there’s no space, you will not be able to travel.
- The airport can take some time depending on various aspects such as travel or weather. So, do not get your hopes high.
Is it Possible to Change Your United Airlines As Someday as My Departure?
According to the United Airlines Flights Change Policy, passengers can travel without any additional fee. The thing is, this policy is available for those who have a reservation under United Airlines. But there are some things that you need to look out for to get the best deal. Here are some of the things you need to pay attention to:-
- To travel on the same day as your scheduled departure, you can only take flights that are departing from/to USA or Canada and other regions such as Mexico.
- Make sure to keep your pockets tight. Cause there might be a situation where you have to pay any fee asked by the airline.
- When you are traveling like this, there are some rules that you must follow. You must refrain from seeking comfort in other airlines’ arms.
- Always have the same class as your previous ticket.
What is the Overall Cost of the United Flight Date?
Nowadays, every airline has a policy where they charge additional fees for changing a flight. Depending on the class, the flight fee may range from $75 to $500. But you can pay less if you have premium features. Sounds good, no?
There can be multiple reasons for changing your flight date to another. A person may have a personal or professional emergency. And that is why they may want to change their travel date to another flight back to their desired location.
You are still determining where life will take you next. Sometimes your plans do not align with your choices, and you must make certain changes. Changing your flight is not an exception to that. If you are changing your flight for personal or professional reasons, you must know about the United Airlines Flight Change Policy. By knowing some of the basic guidelines, you will get some of the best deals you can ever get on. Lastly, if you have a travel-related query, flight cancellation, ticket booking or anything related to flights, you can visit our official website to get more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The Passengers can change their flight even if they booked their ticket from a third-party agency. But, this benefit comes with a slight disadvantage, which is that you may have to pay a fare difference fee. Make sure to check every site and do your research before booking your flight.
Ans. Well, according to the United Airlines flight change policy, the airline does not charge any fees from its passengers. But, if you are looking forward to make changes in your flight as the same day, then you have to pay additional fees.
Ans. The best to change the flight is by getting in touch with the airline directly. You can either visit their website Thus, for more information about the process of change flight, check out the above-mentioned steps.