This year, Qatar is ready to roar by the voices of mammoth football zealots as Qatar is hosting a dynamic football event, i.e., FIFA World Cup, 2022. All the grounds are adorned with glimmering lights and green grass. No stone was left unturned by this Arab country in making this tournament memorable for all the die-hard football fans. FIFA World Cup 2022 starts from 20th November to 18th December. The teams that managed to make their place in this tournament after kicking out other teams are:
Group A: Qatar, Senegal, Netherlands, Ecuador
Group B: United States, Wales, England, Iran
Group C: Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland, Argentina
Group D: Tunisia, France, Australia, Denmark
Group E: Germany, Spain, Costa Rica, Japan
Group F: Canada, Croatia, Belgium, Morocco
Group G: Switzerland, Cameroon, Brazil, Serbia
Group H: Ghana, Portugal, South Korea, Uruguay
Here, an explanation of travel details revolving around the FIFA World Cup is mentioned.
Covid-19 Measures are Implied for Every Tourist Visiting Qatar
• There is no need to have a rapid Antigen or PCR test before traveling to Qatar.
• Qatar’s citizens and residents also remain free from the restriction of having a PCR or Antigen test within 24 hours of arriving at this destination.
• All individuals must visit a healthcare facility in Qatar to verify their COVID status.
The Exigency of the Hayya Card
Hayya’s card is an asset for all the visitors coming to Qatar. The perk of the Hayya card is it works as a visa that allows you to enter this country, grant to the stadiums, ingress to public transport for free, and used as a fan Id for the matches. Visit Hayya.qatar2022.qa and grab for yourself one Hayya card.
The eligibility for grabbing a Hayya card is at least 18, and you can also invite three more persons with you based on your Hayya card.
Alternatives of Accommodation in Qatar
There are various options available for everyone to stay in Qatar. Everyone can enjoy their leisure time and vacation aimed at FIFA due to the vibrant environment of this place.
- Hotels: Before the world cup, Qatar seems to resurrect again. Doha is the most famous place where all the luxury hotels exist. Most people went to this spot to explore the alternatives to stay. Anyone can find rooms here anytime, as the teams got knocked out of the tournament.
The price would be around QAR550 for a property of three-star.
- Fan villages: The flourishing accommodation style at most villages are Cabin style, camps, and stunning caravan. The popular fan villages in Qatar are Al Khor, Cabins Rawdat Al Jahhaniya, Qetaifan Island North, Caravan City, and Heenat Salma Farm.
QAR400-QAR7300 per night is the charge usually.
3. Luxury Villas and budgeted Apartments: Single rooms studious to luxury villas are situated everywhere. But many people love to be in lavish villas with every amenities they imagine. These facilities are Wi-Fi, Modular Kitchen, housekeeping services, and many more.
The charge for an apartment is QAR300, while for a five-bedroom opulent villa, you need to pay QAR3,450.
Note: It is mandatory at approximately every place to book the Villas for at least 3 nights.
4. Holiday homes: Another choice is Holiday homes, which you can opt for apart from booking apartments and villas. The specialty of these holiday homes is that they are fully furnished and located at the prime venue of Qatar. Surely, you can find all the facilities onsite.
QAR787 to QAR787 are the charges for a house, depending on the venue you are taking it to.
How’s the weather in Qatar?
This exquisite Arabian country has a hotter climate throughout the year. In November and December, the temperature remains low, and the climate becomes pleasant to enjoy every bit of Qatar. It is the ideal time to pay a visit to Qatar.
The reason for hosting FIFA at this time of the year is the weather in Qatar. It is too hot from June to July, so they go for November and December.
Flights to Qatar for FIFA World Cup 2022
Qatar Airways is the only prime operator of flights to Qatar based in Doha. American Airlines, British Airways, JetBlue, Delta Airlines, Alaska Airlines, and more are other carrier partners who regulate flights frequently to Qatar.
It is a fact that four airports exist in this place while one of those is only an International One, i.e., Doha’s Hamad International Airport (DOH). A large number of flights land at this airport daily. Non-stop flights to Qatar take different times, depending on the departing place. It will take 12-13 hours from New York City, 6-7 hours from London, and 15-16 hours from Los Angeles.
Stunning Restaurants in Qatar
Starving while watching a match? Thinking of visiting back to your hotel for a quick meal? Then it proved to be the worst mistake of your life. It is advised to go for the local flavourful dishes to fall in love with Qatar delicacies. Machboos (Biryani), Spiced Karak Tea, and French Flair (a popular dessert) are some of the local dishes which are must try.
In contrast, a Sri Lankan dish named Nourlaya and an iconic Syrian dish named Damasca One is available almost everywhere in Qatar. Try these signature dishes and mesmerize with the food of Qatar.
How to Get Around in Qatar?
Metro, buses, taxis, trams, and cabs are the options for travel in Qatar, and they all are feasible and can easily be obtained.
Two trams alternatives are here, which proved to be quintessential for everyone:
• You can enjoy a ride free for the matches happening only in Education City stadium by Education city tram.
• Msheireb Tram runs between Msheireb Metro Station to major other popular spots within the Downtown.
Metro in Qatar
• Three lines- Green, Red, and Gold operated their metro on various routes operating metros every three minutes.
• All the holders of the Hayya card can travel in the metro freely within the period of the FIFA world cup, 2022.
• Free metro-linked buses are frequently running. These buses can drop you at the metro stop, and some of the metro stations also have their parking facility.
Scenario of Taxi
The local taxi service is named Karwa Taxi; Turquoise in color is the main commutation means in Qatar. These taxis charge you per hour, and you can book it prior also so that no issue will arise. Some other choices to travel in Qatar via taxi are Careem and Uber.
You can find various car rental options available at the airport terminal. You can directly take a car for rent and go to that destination without thinking about anything else.
Qatar, an Arab country, is nonetheless a Gem in this world map. It is home to one of the largest reserves of petroleum and natural gas. Doha is the venue people aim to land on. This time is quite apt for a visit to Qatar as the country is now glimmering and blasting with football enthusiasts. It is the time of the FIFA World Cup, and Qatar is hosting it. Go through all the details before taking your flight to Qatar.