Are you someone who is looking for the easiest way to make changes to their name on the flight ticket? If that’s the case, you have arrived at the correct page. We will be providing you with some tips to change your name precisely. But, before that, you must be familiar with the JetBlue Airlines Name Change Policy rules & regulations. Once you know the guidelines, we can move forward to other steps. Let’s get started with the guidelines.
Terms & Conditions of JetBlue Airlines Name Correction Policy
The very first thing about the name correction or change procedure is that your ticket must be booked from the official site of JetBlue Airlines.
Per JetBlue’s Name change policy, the passengers can only change to one name, whether first, middle, or last. However, passengers must pay a certain amount to the airline for this.
You can only make modifications to your name. So, those who want to change their fare class and scheduled departure must contact the airline first and then ask them about it.
As for the changes, the passengers can only make minor changes to their name and make subtle changes if their name is misspelled.
Remember, you cannot change your date of birth or gender.
Also, try to make changes to your name before the check-in procedure.
How To Change Name on JetBlue Airlines Tickets?
In many cases, passengers must change their name due to legal reasons. You may need to change your maiden name to your potential husband’s name if you recently got hitched. In other cases, such as divorce or adoption, you must change your name. Let’s understand this issue more precisely;-
- To be able to change your name, you need to present some documents to the airline, such as your passport number and identification proof. Once you provide them with all the necessary changes, they will directly proceed with the name change process.
- Next, if there’s a minor mistake in your name, such as a misspelled name, then, in this case, you are allowed to make changes to your name while in mid-air. However, passengers can contact the customer service team for more information on this topic.
- Those recently married must showcase the necessary documents, such as their marriage certificate.
- Lastly, if you have reserved your tickets from a travel agency or any third-party site, you won’t be able to make these changes.
Name Change Guidelines For Travel Agents
Your modified name must be similar to your name on the government-issued ID. Per the JetBlue Airlines name change policy, the passengers can make necessary changes to their name, such as misspelling or changing the name. All you have to do is follow the guidelines laid out by JetBlue Airlines-
- All the passengers who have made necessary changes through any third-party sites will not be able to edit or change their name on the JetBlue ticket.
- Once you have filled out the form to change your current name, please attach your necessary documents.
- As for the passengers who exchange their tickets with other passengers, they can only change their current name by some means.
- Those who want to change their name must remember that all their flights must be operated by JetBlue Airlines.
- One of the easiest ways to change your name is by submitting all the required documents and then paying the required fees to the airline.
- According to the JetBlue Airlines name correction policy, passengers can modify their last, first, and middle names. Although, you cannot change your date of birth and your gender.
- If you want to change your date of birth and gender, you must pay a certain amount of this charged by the airline.
What is the Procedure for changing My Name on JetBlue Airlines?
One can change their name on JetBlue Airlines in many ways. There are both online and offline ways available. Here’s what you would have to follow;-
- Change Your Name Using Online Method
- Make Corrections in your name Using the traditional method.
- One time installment
Try the Effortless Method
This method is one of the easiest ways to change your JetBlue Airlines name. All you have to do is follow the below-listed instructions, and you will be good to go;-
- Firstly, the passengers must make their way to the official website of JetBlue Airlines to get started with the Procedure.
- Afterward, you can add other details, such as confirmation number, ticket number, and last name.
- Next, select the My Trip option and then click on the Modify button to begin with the name change procedure.
- Go to the Change your name online option and remember to attach the necessary documents.
- From there, tap on the Continue tab once you have entered all your details.
- Pay for the changes using the same payment method you used for ticket booking.
- In the end, get your boarding pass printed with modified details.
Get Assistance From the Customer Care Service
Many people prefer to take assistance face to face. We have this option, especially for those who need help understanding the complicated interface of the website. In this method, you must call the airline on their official number and address your issue. They will provide the best solutions to resolve your query. Furthermore, tell them that you wish to correct your name and tell them where you want your name to be corrected/changed to a new one. However, the airline customer care official may ask you about the reason and proper documents to proceed with the Procedure.
Download JetBlue Airlines Official Application
The third and last option would be to install and launch the official application on your device. For this, you are required to go to the App Store or Play Store and download the app. Once you are done with the installation, then you can follow these steps;-
- Go to the JetBlue Manage Booking option from the home menu. Add details such as your name, last name, and ticket number.
- Next, click the Modify option to make subtle changes to your name.
- Choose the Change Name button, and then you can correct your name.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen steps to complete the Procedure and pay if required. Remember to download your boarding pass with your latest name.
JetBlue Airlines Name Change Fees
The Procedure for changing your name with JetBlue Airlines is relatively easy. You do not have to follow a complicated manual guide. All you have to do is follow certain steps laid out by the airline itself. According to the JetBlue Airlines name change policy, the passengers are required to pay for changing their name. However, if you can modify your name within 24 hours, you will not have to pay any amount. You can change/correct your name for free of cost.
- Those with blue basic tickets must pay between $100 and $150. However, if someone travels from/to the USA & Mexico or Central America, you must pay a little more than $150.
- Only passengers with Blue, Blue extra tickets, Blue Refundable, and Mint Refundable can change their name without hassle. But, you must pay a certain amount per JetBlue Airlines Name correction policy to correct your name.
- Passengers opting for the offline method to change their name need to pay at least $50, and the fee depends on your ticket number, name, which fare class you belong to, and all.
- Lastly, if you are changing your name due to legal matters such as marriage and divorce, then the airline has a different fee structure for you. For more information regarding this matter, you can visit the official website of JetBlue Airlines.
It is frustrating when you have to change your entire name due to one minor mistake. Or, if it’s an entirely different matter, you must change your name due to legal matters. Whatever the case, you can read this guide to get in-depth knowledge about JetBlue Airlines’ name change policy. However, most passengers must pay a certain amount as JetBlue Airlines name correction fee. Remember, the fee structure depends on your fare type, destination, etc. If you have any other questions related to this matter, you can reach out to us via our official website or get in touch via the live chat facility.
See Also :-